|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE NINETEEN
"WHEN THE LEEVE BREAKS"

...Mikaelson Compound...

Elijah and Klaus are having breakfast in the dining room, where Klaus is drinking orange juice with champagne and looking pleased with himself. Elijah, however, does not seem amused.

"Is something the matter, brother? Can I fix you a drink, perhaps?" Klaus asks.

He sips his own drink with a smirk, and Elijah just rolls his eyes in annoyance

"Strangely enough, Klaus, I'm not in a mimosa mood" Elijah says annoyed.

"Fantastic! More for me" Klaus grinned.

"Let's discuss strategy, shall we, Niklaus? Just wondering if you actually have one. We can begin with Mikael's ashes...given that they are the main ingredient in our weapon against Dahlia, would you care to tell me where they disappeared to?" Elijah asks.

Klaus sets down his drink, looking annoyed and put-out.

"Elijah! I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef for your own personal edification, and yet, you ignore my efforts in favor of needless concerns!" Klaus says annoyed.

Rebekah enters the room, looking tired and hungover.

"Can we stop talking so loudly?" she groaned.

She sees the pot of coffee and sighs in relief.

"Give me that" she says.

Rebekah walks over to pour herself a glass.

"What's the matter? New witch body not up to last night's bender?" Klaus asks amused.

"So? I had a few" she rolls her eyes.

She sits down at the opposite end of the table from Klaus.

"It's not every day you lose your father at the hands of your brother. Again" she says.

"Whoever said opportunity only knocks once, eh?" Klaus asks.

Elijah and Rebekah stare at him blankly and silently, and Klaus scoffs.

"Oh, come on! We all fled Mikael's tyranny together for centuries! I would have thought the mood this morning might be a bit more jubilant!" Klaus says.

"Under normal circumstances, the annihilation of our father would be rather commendable, Niklaus. Unfortunately, we have a greater threat to contend with" Elijah says.

Klaus hops to his feet to pour himself another drink.

"You know, for someone who's been invited to a celebratory breakfast, you're proving quite the buzzkill" Klaus says.

"Well, Niklaus, if anything indeed has killed the..." He makes air-quotes with his fingers "...buzz, as you say, perhaps it was because murdering Father alienated the one person who truly knows how to defeat Dahlia!"

"If Freya wants to be part of this family, she should be willing to accept us, warts and all!" Klaus replies.

"Elijah's right. Freya loved Mikael, and you've likely ruined everything" Rebekah says.

"Pity. Whatever shall I do?" Klaus rolls his eyes.

"Whatever you please, apparently!" Elijah says.

Klaus angrily slams his hand against the stable.

"Do not mistake my high spirits for lack of clarity! I know full well the threat we face. And, I intend to deal with it...personally" Klaus shouts.

Elijah gives him an annoyed and skeptical look, but their conversation is interrupted by the sound of high heels clacking loudly against the stone floor in the next room. Klaus is immediately suspicious of the noise.