|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE ONE
"REBIRTH"

...Rebekah's Home...

Rebekah rocks with Theodore and Hope in a rocking chair in the nursery while she tells them a fairy tale about their lives. She tells the story in voiceover as the scene cuts through various flashbacks to the previous season, including Klaus standing on the balcony overlooking the French Quarter, Francesca and her brothers attacking the vampires after stealing the moonlight rings and triggering their werewolf curses, Genevieve making the moonlight rings, Klaus being weakened by the rings, which draw on his strength, and Rosalind mourning Hope's and Theodore's 'death' at the memorial for the fallen in the Battle of New Orleans.

 She tells the story in voiceover as the scene cuts through various flashbacks to the previous season, including Klaus standing on the balcony overlooking the French Quarter, Francesca and her brothers attacking the vampires after stealing the moo...

[voiceover] "Once upon a time, there was a majestic king who lived with his noble brother in a kingdom where music and art were celebrated. The king did not foresee having a child, let alone children, but he lived in an enchanted land where all things were possible. In time, he was blessed with two perfect babies, for whom he wished only peace" Rebekah says.

The twins coos at Rebekah happily, and Rebekah smiles at them.

[voiceover] "Still, the king had demons who pursued him. There was a ruthless beast who wanted to take the kingdom for her own. Armed with a pack of untamed creatures, she drove the other magical creatures from the land. And, there was a wicked sorceress with enchanted stones that weakened the king every full moon. Seeing the shadow his enemies cast upon his home, the king was driven to send his beloveds treasures, convincing all who remained that they were forever lost" she continues.

...Mikaelson Compound...

Elijah locks the front gates to the home so it is no longer open to the public.

[voiceover] "The king, in his sorrow, turned away from the world. The castle closed its doors, and the kingdom fell. Some say that the only light that shines in the castle illuminates the shadow of the once majestic king in the room meant for his children. But, as the ruthless beasts took rule over the fallen king's realm, little did they know that he and his brother would not rest until their enemies were vanquished. For they believed that one day, they would heal their kingdom and bring their precious treasures home so that they might live happily ever after" Rebekah says.

Klaus stands at the window of the twins nursery, looking down on the street as Elijah approaches him from behind and places a comforting hand on his shoulder.

...Rebekah's Home...

Rebekah lays Hope and Theodore in their crib, setting Klaus' carved wooden knight next to them before turning out the lights and leaving them to sleep for the evening.