|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE FOURTEEN
"I LOVE YOU, GOODBYE"

...Back Roads Of Arkansas...

It is night time now, and Cami and the twins are speeding down the road in the SUV. Baby Hope is crying, and Cami turns back to comfort her. Cami looks panicked.

"It's okay, sweet girl. I just need to find a pay phone" she says softly.

Cami finally finds a run-down auto garage and pulls in. There is a car with its hood popped in the parking lot, but otherwise it is completely deserted. Once the car is parked, Cami gets out and rushes over to pick up the still-crying Hope and a little agitated Theodore from the back seat before they head toward the pay phone. After a moment, Cami trips and accidentally drops all of their changes onto the ground.

"Damn it!" Cami mutters frustrated.

Hope starts to cry harder, causing Theodore to start to fuss and Cami looks guilty.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm sorry. You two are being so brave, the least I can do is watch my..." Cami cuts herself off when she hears a metallic noise nearby and freezes in place. She gulps nervously before raising her voice to call out to whoever is lurking nearby.

"Whoever's out there, if you try anything, I will gouge out your eyes!" she says bravely, even though she was scared to death.

She pants nervously before hearing a voice behind her. It's Elijah, whose clothes are burnt in places and whose body is covered in ash, but he is otherwise unscathed.

"Actually, Camille, that's probably not necessary" Elijah says.

He reaches his hand out to her to communicate that she should come over to him quickly. As she does, she looks at him with panic in her eyes.

"What the hell happened back there?" she asks still scared.

Elijah quickly but gently ushers her and the babies to the SUV.

"That's a discussion for the car" he says.

He checks to make sure no one is watching them as they get into the car before circling around to the driver's seat.

"Let's move!" he says.