|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE TWENTY ONE
"FIRE WITH FIRE"

The Crescent pack are circling a perimeter out in the pouring rain as they protect a shed where Rosalind is doting on Theodore and Hope. She eventually comes outside holding her phone as she tries to call Klaus. It was getting odd not to have any information about him. Something inside her was screaming that trouble.

She puts her phone back into her pocket and walks over Mary.

"Mary?" she says confused.

Mary, who is under an awning, is making some bundles of herbs.

"How are those little ones?" she asks with a bright smile.

"Sleeping right through the storm" She sighs anxiously "What are you doing here? It's dangerous and I don't even know exactly what it is about to..." Rosalind was cut off.

"An ancient witch wants to steal my grandchildren?" She shakes her head "Not on my watch"

She holds up the bundle of herbs she's making.

"I brought you something that might come in handy. In my youth, wolves and witches had a peace" She holds a lighter in her free hand "A Voodoo queen I knew showed me how to use herbs to see if magic was afoot. Combine Solomon seal and snapdragon and burn 'em"

She takes the lighter and lights the bundle of dried herbs and flowers on fire before setting the smoking bundle in a clay bowl.

"If the smoke is white, all's clear. If it's black, there's a hex in the air. And, if it's red? Well, then you know you're in trouble" Mary says.

They both look down at the smoldering herbs, which are releasing a black smoke.

"Just what I thought...this storm ain't natural" Mary says.

"It's Dahlia" Rosalind whispers.

Jackson, Hayley and another werewolf join the women, each of whom have a bow in one hand and a quiver of arrows on their back.

"The road to the highway is flooded. The quickest way out of here is on foot, through back roads" he says.

Rosalind, overwhelmed by everything that is happening.

"What's wrong?" Jackson asks.

"Nik and Elijah" she says "they're not answering my calls, not even to say if they still have a heart inside their chest"

Jackson and Hayley shared worried glances.

"What? What is it?" Rosalind asks suspiciously.

Hayley sighs in defeat.

"Klaus is gone. We don't know where he went" Hayley says.

Rosalind frowns.

"What do you mean 'gone'?" Rosalind asks.

Jackson groaned quietly, knowing they would have to tell her about daggering Klaus, running away with the babies, Hayley's voicemail...

After everything they told her, Rosalind was completely stunned.

All her efforts, everything she made sure not to do, they did, even worse. Now Klaus was gone, Elijah and Rebekah were probably hating her now without a proper reason, and mostly...Dahlia was still alive and after her children.

She paces back and forth anxiously, trying to come up with something, anything.