|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE NINE
"THE MAP OF MOMENTS"

...Mikaelson Safe House, Arkansas...

Rebekah is hanging a festive wreath on the front door of their safe house. When she returns inside, she finds Elijah leaning against the fireplace, thinking.

"Well, isn't this place rather nice!" she says excitedly.

Rebekah picks up a bottle of wine and examines it.

"Nik must have compelled a wine-lover to keep it up, because I found a 2005 bordot! Fancy a sip?" she asks her older brother.

"I appreciate the sentiment, Rebekah, but I do recognize when I'm being handled with kid gloves" he says annoyed.

Rebekah sighs and puts down the wine.

"How are you feeling?" she asks concerned.

"Patronized" he answers.

They both look down at the twins, who are laying in their play pen, cooing happily.

"I am here to protect you" he says.

"I know you mean to, Elijah..." she was cut off.

"And yet, you find it necessary to render me unconscious before bringing me here?" he says.

"Well, you weren't yourself! And I needed to get us out of that diner. What happened back there?" she asks.

"I don't know" he answers obviously tense "Niklaus sent me to protect Theodore and Hope. My job is to keep them safe"

 My job is to keep them safe"

...Road, Far From New Orleans...

To say that Rosalind and Klaus were dying to see the twins was an understatement. There's no words that can actually describe what they're feeling right now, besides impatience due the long car trip.

But even with all the excitement and joy running through her body, Rosalind knew about the topic she should open up about with Klaus and Elijah...

The Unification Ritual.

The possibility of her getting married with the Crescent Alpha.

But how? How was she supposed to tell any of them about that? She doesn't even fully believe in herself to do that. The only thing she knows for sure is that those werewolves needs to be saved. Period.

Glancing at her left side, she sees a slightly tensed Klaus, focused at the road and obviously as excited as she was to finally reach the destination.

She bites her lower lip while looking out the window, trying to gain some courage to finally tell him everything.

"Why do I have the feeling something is bothering your mind?" Klaus asks, not taking his eyes off the road.