|| 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||

SEASON ONE - EPISODE TWO
"HOUSE OF THE RISING SON"

...The French Quarter...

Marcel boasts to Klaus his methods for providing fresh blood for his vampires.

[voiceover] "The city of New Orleans... people of all stripes and flavors from all over the country come here to party on our streets. Some are just looking for fun... some are looking for something a little darker, more dangerous. So, we invite them into my home and we give it to them" Marcel says.

Diego, one of Marcel's vampires, shows a flyer to two tourists, a man and a woman. The flyer is headed by a large, monogrammed 'M', beneath which reads:

ABATTOIR
WHERE THE PARTY NEVER ENDS

They enter the party and get their hands stamped with the same 'M' monogram as the flyer.

[voiceover] "Then, at the stroke of midnight, everything changes, and it's time to feed" Marcel says.

Marcel leads Klaus around a balcony overlooking the party. They watch as Marcel's vampires feed ravenously on the humans, who scream in terror.

"This is how I keep my guys happy: the occasional, all-you-can-eat buffet. My night-walkers love it. I've got 'em working hard, trying to earn one of these daylight rings. They deserve to blow off a little steam. My day-walkers, the trusted few...they just like the party"

Klaus notices a crest of some sort engraved on the stone wall below: it includes the 'M' monogram, as well as a coiled serpent. He does not comment on it.

"It's quite an operation. Tell me...what about the victims? Seems like a lot of graves to dig" Klaus says.

"Can't kill 'em all. Too many folks go missing, tourism drops. So, we heal them with a little vamp blood, erase their memory, send them on their way...no muss, no fuss" Marcel says.

"I'm impressed" Klaus says.

"Nothing I didn't learn from you back in the day" Marcel says.

Thierry, one of Marcel's vampires, approaches the two.

"Marcel" Thierry approaches them.

"Sup, Thierry?" Marcel greets.

"Six of our guys were killed in a bar outside of the Quarter. Night-walkers. No one saw who" Thierry informs.

While Marcel receives this news, Klaus looks away, already suspecting who did it.

...Road...

Rebekah is driving her red convertible, she checks herself in the rearview mirror, wipes a drop of blood off her cheek, smiles and keeps driving

she checks herself in the rearview mirror, wipes a drop of blood off her cheek, smiles and keeps driving.