|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||

SEASON THREE - EPISODE EIGHTEEN
"THE DEVIL COMES HERE AND SIGHS"

...New Orleans Park...

Night has fallen, and Lucien is standing on a gazebo as he feeds on a woman. When he pulls away, the life leaves the woman's eyes as he drops her onto the floor. Lucien is wearing a vintage suit characteristic of the turn of the 20th century, and he smirks and wipes the blood off of his lips as he turns to face Aurora, who is feeding on a man who is now slumped dead over a fancy dinner table.

"Enjoying yourself, love?" Lucien seductively asks.

"I feel like a brand-new woman" Aurora smiles.

Lucien laughs as he walks over to join her at the table.

"What a lovely choice of words" he grins.

Aurora daintily dabs at the corner of her mouth with a napkin and at the same time elbows her recently-deceased victim's body off of the table, batting her eyelashes at him all the while. A presumably-compelled waiter stands silently and emotionlessly behind them.

"This setting reminds me of the time we were in Paris. 1903? La Belle Epoque? Peace, prosperity, hope..." Lucien trailed off.

Aurora gives him a look as she holds up her half-full champagne flute for the waiter to top off .

"Oh, so this is your intention? Ply me with champagne, and then entice me with nostalgia?" she asks.

"I simply desired an auspicious location for us to begin a new adventure. Perhaps, centuries from now, you and I will look back at this bucolic scene as the beginning of our chapter" Lucien answers.

"And what does that chapter entail?" she asks.

"Power. Domination. Vengeance" he shrugged.

"Men are such good talkers...but how rarely they produce more than words" Aurora says.

Aurora laughs to herself.

"And they call me delusional" she continues.

Lucien smiles as he sits down across from her at the table.

"Your wit is as sharp as ever. Nik is the fool who let you slip away. And, while that loss is punishment enough, rest assured...I will heap more suffering upon his head" Lucien smirks.

Aurora gives him a patronizing look.

"You cannot defeat Niklaus, Lucien. He is...and always has been...your better" Aurora says.

This remark clearly stings Lucien, but he covers it up with a chuckle.

"I am altogether different now" he smirks.

Lucien pulls out the second vial of the serum he forced Vincent to make in the previous episode and holds it up, and Aurora can't help but look intrigued.

"Blood of a Mikaelson witch, imbued with dark magic. This has transformed me into something new, with a power unlike anything the world has ever seen. My bite is lethal, even to a Mikaelson" Lucien explains.

Aurora visibly likes the sound of what he's saying, but seems skeptical of his truthfulness.

"Is this more of your boasting, Lucien?" she asks.

"Oh, no. It can all be verified easily enough. Just ask poor Finn. Oh, wait. You can't. I killed him. The rest of the brothers shall follow soon enough, as the prophecy has stated. But first...I wanted to make you this offer" he says.

Lucien stands to his feet and walks over to Aurora before kneeling before her, and Aurora sits up in her chair, looking stunned as he holds up the vial of serum as though it's an engagement ring.