|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE SIXTEEN
"SAVE MY SOUL"

...FLASHBACK, KINGDOM OF NORWAY, 977 A.D...

Five-year-old Freya is sitting in the middle of the floor of Dahlia's cottage as she makes them some grains. She hums as she makes up a plate of food for her, testing part of it by scooping it up with her finger and tasting it before she brings it over to where Freya is seated with a smile.

"Eat, Freya, or you'll waste away!" Dahlia says.

Freya just looks up at her fearfully, but doesn't move. Frustrated, Dahlia kneels in front of her and grabs her arms to force her to pick up her plate, her voice much sharper and aggressive than before.

"Stubborn child! You need your strength so that I may teach you to use the power that runs strong in our bloodline! That will keep us warm in the cold, give us good health when others fall ill" Dahlia says in a hard tone.

Freya whimpers, and Dahlia shakes her roughly in frustration.

"With that power, we will defeat our enemies" she continues.

Her demeanor becomes kinder again, and she smiles as she gently caresses Freya's face with her hands.

"We can stay young and beautiful" she says in a soft tone.

Freya jerks away from her touch, clearly nervous, but Dahlia takes her hands in her own and squeezes them gently.

"You need not be afraid. Together, we will be the strongest witches this world has ever seen" Dahlia says.

"I want my mama!" Young Freya says scared.

Dahlia looks at her with fake sympathy, and speaks to young Freya bluntly.

"Your mother didn't want you. She gave you away. This is your home, now. I am your only family" Dahlia says.

She cups Freya's chin with her hand to look in her eyes.

"And there is no greater strength than family" she continues.

Young Freya looks at her with wide eyes and remains silent as a single tear runs down her cheek.

...END FLASHBACK...

In the present day, Freya picks up a fancy card with the Mikaelson "M" embossed on the front from the table in the bell tower of St. Louis Cathedral. Inside the card, in perfect calligraphy, a note reads: 'Join us for a family brunch. 11 A.M. Your brother, Klaus' As she re-reads the card, she smiles in excitement.

 Your brother, Klaus' As she re-reads the card, she smiles in excitement