|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ||

SEASON THREE - EPISODE TWENTY TWO
"THE BLOODY CROWN"

...Mikaelson Compound...

Klaus is at the nursery holding Theodore and Hope, talking to them.

"What better life might have awaited you both, were another man your father?" he asks in a dark tone "All those who have loved me, have lived to regret it. But I do know this, my littlest wolves, I will do right by you two"

He kisses both of their foreheads.

"Don't sound so depressive" a soft, loving voice sounds from behind them "that's not true"

Rosalind enters the room with a soft smile.

"Isn't it?" Klaus asks rhetorically, not convinced.

"No!" she shakes her head "I'm hardly someone to believe in fate, but I do believe it was meant to be"

She sees Hope holding out her little arms towards her.

"What was the chance of you becoming a father?!" she asks rhetorically as she takes a whining Hope in her arms "yet, you got the double package"

She gestures her head towards Theodore, who was too busy trying to chew one of Klaus' necklace.

"You are worthy of being their father" she says "and you will have a lot to teach them when they grow up a little"

Klaus raises an eyebrow at her.

"Do you think?" he asks.

She nods.

"There are some things that only a father can teach someone" Rosalind says and notices Klaus' insecurity eyes looking at the twins "I mean..." she sits on the floor and places Hope on top of a white fluffy blanket.

Rosalind taps the place besides her, asking for Klaus to join her.

He sits on her right side and place Theodore besides Hope, smiling at the interaction between both babies.

"My father taught me how to drive" she starts speaking. It was fascinating for him to listen. To know how was her past "to cook and play soccer"

She sees Klaus paying attention at her like a children listening to a bedtime story.

"That's impressive" he comments softly "you're telling me you've learned your cooking skills with your father?"

Rosalind nods with a smile.

"My mom was a disaster at the kitchen" she says "she never really cooked, it was always take outs with her"

Theodore makes a squeak noise as he and Hope play with some toys nearby.

"I'm sure you'll have plenty of things to teach them" Rosalind finishes with a gentle smile.

Before Klaus could open his mouth to answer, he felt an unpleasant presence behind them.

Elijah approaches, though Klaus doesn't look at him while Rosalind keeps entertaining the babies.

"What do you want, Elijah?" Klaus asks in a hard tone.

"I'm not foolish enough to ask your forgiveness, so I'll say it again..." the older Original says "...I had no choice. We protect this family at any cost"

"You think I'm not aware how heavy that burden is?" Klaus snaps.

"No!" Elijah shakes his head "I think that this time...that burden is simply too much to bear" he finishes his speech, staring straight at Rosalind, even though,  she doesn't meet his eyes.