|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||

SEASON ONE - EPISODE THREE
"TANGLED UP IN BLUE"

...Mikaelson's Plantation Mansion...

Rosalind is sitting cross-legged on the floor in Elijah's bedroom as she reads one of Elijah's thick, leather-bound journals. As she reads, Elijah narrates his journal entries in voiceover.

[voiceover] "August 1359. I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah, has grown quite indifferent to brutality"

In a flashback to the previous episode, Rebekah is seen viciously killing the vampires who tried to attack Rosalind in the French Quarter.

[voiceover] "However, the true problem remains my brother, Niklaus"

In a flashback to the previous evening, Klaus can be seen pouring gasoline over the bodies of the nightwalkers Rebekah killed to protect Rosalind, which are piled up in the front yard of the Mikaelson Mansion.

[voiceover] "He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness"

Rosalind stops reading when she hears her phone ring. Looking at screen she sees Marcel's name on it.

"Long live to the king" she jokes as she answers the call.

"Hello to you too" he says.

"Guess who's back at New Orleans" she says.

"WHAT?" he yells and she pulls the phone away a little.

"What about 'I missed you, what about we meet at Rousseau's or something?'" she jokes and he smiles.

"Always a funny person" he says "I can't meet up with you now. Business and all" he sighs "but, today we have a party at the compound, masquerade ball. Black tie and you're coming"

"Am I?" she asks thinking about the possibilities of her sneaking out of the house.

"Yes, you are. Where you're staying at? Come here and stay with me. Nobody touched on your room" Marcel says.

"I'm at a friend's house. I'm fine, at least now. Don't want to steal all the attention to myself" she says and he laughs.

"I'll see you at the party tonight. Everyone's waiting for you and I want you to meet the new guys. It's always fun to see people drooling over you" they laugh.

"I'll be there. I miss your parties" she says.

"Don't you miss me?" he asks playfully.

"Oh come on, don't be such a baby" she says and he laughs "I gotta go. I'll see you at the party"