|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||

SEASON ONE - EPISODE TWENTY TWO
"FROM A CRADLE TO A GRAVE"

...Mikaelson Compound...

...flashback...

Some time before the events of The Battle of New Orleans, Rosalind sits in a rocking chair in the babies' room, where she is writing a letter. Klaus enters the room and leans in the doorway.

"Writing a love letter to one of your many suitors?" he asks in slightly jealous "So, who do I have to kill, then?" He smiles "Jackson? Or, Elijah?" Rosalind rolls her eyes at him.

"And the award for 'Biggest Ego' goes to..." She gestures toward Klaus, who continues to laugh "Don't flatter yourself this much. I'm a single woman, I can relate myself with whoever I wish to"

He felt his heart stop at her sentence and deep wave of jealous washes through his entire being. He clenched his jaw as she continues to write her letter.

Rosalind lifts her head to find him almost burning in jealousy and smirks before chuckling in amusement.

"Geez" she says still snickering "Your face was priceless"

He rolls his eyes and relaxes visibly at her playfully tone. He was already preparing himself to kill whoever dares to rip her away from him.

Suddenly, she groans when the babies  start to kick.

"Ouch!" she rubs her belly.

Klaus walks towards Rosalind, looking concerned.

"How is our littlest wolves?" he asks worried.

She smiles and gestures for him to come over. Rosalind rubs her baby bump expectantly. Klaus steps back, looking nervous, but Rosalind gives him a look.

"Come on!" she encourages him.

She gestures again to her belly. Klaus reaches out and touches her abdomen, and he's startled when he feels the babies kicks.

"You feel that?" she asks happily "They're very strong, right?!"

They both laugh in amazement as he continues to strokes her belly.

After a moment he rests his forehead against her baby bump and closes his eyes in pure bliss.

She frowned, even though it was the most beautiful scene she has ever seen.

"Is this some new way of mind-communication with unborn children?" she asks with a hint of playfulness.

In responde, he leaves a kiss there and stands up.

"I'll leave you to your secret letter, then and for the sake of this earth, it's better to be for me" he says smirking and she scoffs a laugh.

Klaus rushes off, and Rosalind smiles as she thinks about Klaus and the babies.

In voiceover, Rosalind narrates her letter as the scene cuts to Rosalind giving birth with help from the witches.

[voiceover] Dear Zoe and Mason or Kaitlyn and Gabriel or Angela and Matteo. To my little treasures. Your dad just asked if this was a love letter. I guess it kind of is. I never got to know my mother. I have no idea what she must have thought when she carried me" Rosalind says.

...St Anne's Church...

In the present, Rosalind, who is in the middle of labor, screams at Genevieve and Monique as they stand around her.