|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE THREE
"EVERY MOTHER'S SON"

...Lycée...

Esther, still in Cassie's body, lights candles while she prepares a breakfast in the greenhouse. A starling chirps in a cage nearby while Esther begins cracking eggs into a bowl, mixing berries and herbs, and writing an invitation in fine calligraphy. She smiles as she looks at her work, and puts the invitation onto a silver platter with a lid.

...Mikaelson Compound...

In the courtyard, Rosalind is munching on an array of fruit and other breakfast food when Klaus comes down the stairs to join her.

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" she asks him.

"It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..." Klaus says confused.

Klaus gestures to the food on the table for emphasis.

"Hmm. Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?" Rosalind asks.

Elijah returns to the compound and joins them in the courtyard, and looks confused when he hears their conversation and notices the breakfast spread in front of them.

"This wasn't my doing..." Elijah trailed off.

"Then, where did this all come from?" Rosalind asks frowning.

The silver lid on the platter suddenly begins to rattle, which startles Rosalind  and Elijah so much that they jump in fright for a moment. Klaus looks uneasy and lifts the platter, which releases two starlings that fly up toward the ceiling, causing the three to reflexively duck to avoid being hit. They all look puzzled and nervous.

"What the hell was that?" Rosalind asks.

Klaus reaches for the invitation and opens it. It reads, 'Dinner, Your Home, 8PM'

"An invitation from our mother" Klaus says.

Klaus and Elijah stare at each other in concern while Rosalind rubs her temples.

Klaus stares at the invitation while he stands on the balcony overlooking the French Quarter

Klaus stares at the invitation while he stands on the balcony overlooking the French Quarter. He eventually turns to head back into his bedroom, where Rosalind is laying flat on Klaus' bed.

"How come I had amazing adopted parents, while you had such freaks as yours?!" Rosalind asks looking at the ceiling.

"We have enough enemies here. And now, the war for our home is to be fought against my own family" Klaus says.