𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼𝟷

"Ms.Berlia?" the police asked. "that's me" i remarked. "i have one good news and bad new ma'am" he said.

"we have put sam into jail. notice, when we were watching the clip of you beating up the three gangsters, Lia has said something about sam" he smiled. i nodded.

"another thing" he said slowly. he took his hat off. he inhaled deeply. i knew tom was behind me, towering over me.

"your mother has committed. she over dosed and your brother reported the incident" my heart sank to my stomach.

"do you know why" i said choking back tears. "she thought you didn't survive the beating"

"i'm sorry ma'am" and with that he left. he nodded to tom behind me. tom closed the door while i just stood there.

"baby.." he whispered. he held me in his arms. i wasn't even crying. my heart was.

kiara and bill walked towards us. "y/n..?" kiara said from behind. i pulled away still unphased. kiara rubbed my back. tears started filling my eyes.

"what happened" she whispered to tom. he remained silent. "y/n?" bill rubbed my back. i turned around and smiled. "nothing" i managed to say without crying.

"let's watch a movie" i said walking away. i heard tom sigh as he followed from behind. "y/n can we talk" he whispered putting his hand on my shoulder.

i looked at kiara and she smiled. we both went upstairs to his room. he locked the door and towered over me. i looked at his chest fidgeting with my rings.

he lifted up my chin and hugged me tightly. i started sobbing in his arms as he slid down the door. "let it out baby, let it out" he whispered.

i continued sobbing in his arms. "i.. i should've been the one dead" i mumbled in between my sons. "she didn't" i inhaled. "she didn't know i was alive" i cried.

he rocked me back and forth stroking my hair. i sob harder in his arms. he held my hand tightly as i shook in his arms.

my whole body went limp, it was all tingly. tears spooled out of my eyes. "i should've been the one dead" i kept mumbling.

"please don't say that" his voice cracked. i shook my head. "she didn't even know i was alive!" i yelled in between my sobs.

my heart pounded fast. "my mothers dead, my father left, i don't even know about my brothers" i cried. "shh it's okay baby" he whispered.

"it's not!" i yelled holding my chest tightly. it felt like i was getting suffocated in a vacuum.

y/n eventually calmed down after 20 minutes. she fell asleep in my arms. i put my hand on her chest feeling her heartbeat. it was calmer now.

i put my hand gently on her neck. she was hot. like burning hot. i quickly stood up gently carrying her to my bed.

i turned on the ceiling fan and covered her with the blanket, only her legs. i kissed her forehead. i looked at the time and it was 2:00pm.

i sighed and rubbed my eyes. i looked at my shirt and see it slightly wrinkled and tear stains on it.

my heart panged at the thought of her heart shattering once she heard those news. i carefully closed the door and walked downstairs.

"where's y/n?" kiara asked. "umm.. she broke down and then she fell asleep" i remarked. "what happened though?" she asked.

"umm.. the police said they captured sam. it seems that she was one of them too-" she cut me off. "so your saying she had a whole breakdown because of sam.. orr" "no stupid, i wasn't finished" i rolled my eyes.