|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE TWENTY TWO
"ASHES TO ASHES"

...Pale River Orchard...

Klaus is leaning against his parked truck, where Hope and Theodore are sitting quietly in their car seat in the trunk. Next to them is Freya's unconscious body. Several feet away, Dahlia has set up a small table, on which she has created an infinity symbol with salt and lit candles, where two small pewter chalices sit within each circle in preparation for her linking spell. Klaus sighs audibly, and she glances at Klaus for a moment before speaking.

 Klaus sighs audibly, and she glances at Klaus for a moment before speaking

"You're quiet. Are you having misgivings?" Dahlia asks.

"I was just looking for a polite way to ask, 'What the hell is taking so long?'" Klaus shrugged.

"Well, we can begin now" Dahlia gestures.

Klaus' smirk wipes off of his face, and he tilts his head curiously at her as he waits for further explanations. Dahlia smiles at him, visibly pleased about winning.

"Once we're linked, I'll no longer have to sleep a hundred years again. Your concerns for my status will ease, and I'll finally be able to focus on the twins" Dahlia says.

She looks over at the babies, who are still sitting quietly in the car. Klaus looks over at them as well, and the babies turn their heads to look at their father. After a moment, Dahlia walks toward him.

"I will only need one drop of their blood..." Dahlia trailed off.

Klaus sighs and stands to his feet, blocking her from coming any closer to the babies and giving her a patronizing smile.

"...And then their power shall be mine also" Dahlia completes.

Klaus looks into the backseat, where Freya still lays unconscious.

"What do you want to do about Freya?" he asks.

"She served her purpose" Dahlia shrugged.

She looks up at the moon, which is in its waning crescent phase.

"So, tonight, at the moon's apex, I'll end her life, and once our link is severed, the bond that I share with your children will become permanent" Dahlia explains.

Klaus does not seem pleased about Dahlia's reaction or her plan in general, but he does his best to keep his intentions concealed by smiling at her.

"Best get on with it, then" he says.

He pushes past her and walks toward the table, and Dahlia follows behind him. Once there, she holds out her hand, which Klaus takes and clasps tightly. Dahlia waves her free hand over the table before she begins to chant.

"Medareno sometswar. Medareno sometswar" Dahlia chants.

...Mikaelson Compound...