Into the Mist

The day was really normal for everyone, most people anyway.
At the end of the day, Eiji and Jun Inagaki were in a cab, being driven back home. But the driver wasn't who they think she is.
Somehow, the cat stumbled out of the road and rolled off into a thick mist, consuming them. The driver had got away.
==========
It was the day of Adriana Penn's big surprise for her channel. Just a few moments before she started to livestream, she stood in front of her mirror, calming herself down. It was so much, planning out everything, the pressure.
She didn't notice the mist seeping into her room and took her away somewhere else.
==========

Arlo Flores was a med student. He overworked himself and decided that he needed to cool down. So when he got invited to a party, he didn't say no.
But before coming, he spent the time studying in the library. Tired and all, he didn't notice the mist taking him in. When he opened his eyes, he realised he was in a different place.
==========
Yara Valle was a runner. She ran from everything. Her emotions, problems and sometimes her responsibilities when things get too tough.
One night, while she was running in the woods, she encountered the one thing she can't run away from. The mist.
==========
Iris Daley was the young, kind, and talented owner of a florist shop.
One night, during a delivery to a dark street, she realised that she was lost in a concert maze. Taking wrong turns as the most sweep in, taking her away.
==========
An inventor, Gabrielle Cole is one of the best. She tried to create a ghost tracker to detect real ghosts or unnatural forces.
As soon as she turned it on, a mist surrounded her. When it was clear, she found out that the machine had worked, detecting an ear piercing scream.
==========
Riley West, the thrill seeker went skydiving one day. It was a nice day, and he wanted to do something dangerously.
But when he jumped off the plane, he fell into a thick mist and never fell on the ground that he was supposed to fall on.
==========
Eiji, Jun, Adriana, Yara, Arlo, Iris, Gabrielle, and Riley were all at a camp. It looks like an old, abandoned camp. There are a few cabins and a beach on the side of it.
"Where are we?" Adriana asked.
"Who are you?" Arlo asked everyone there.
"No, who are you?" Riley said.
"Okay everyone chill out," Adriana said, pulling out her phone and turning on the flashlight to see things better. "We all want to know something. And we obviously had never met each other before, so I'll start. I'm Adriana Penns, I'm a famous blogger. Pretty sure y'all had heard of me."
No one said anything, but then the brunette runner raised her hand.
"OMG. You're Adriana Penns! I'm Yara Valle, HUGE FAN!!!" She said,
"Now is not the best time for fangirling," the blonde inventor said, "Anyway, I'm Gabrielle Cole, I invent things. Like this machine that led me here." She showed everyone her detection machine.
"I'm Iris Daley, I own a florist shop."
"I'm Eiji Inagaki and this here is my brother Jun."
Jun waved.
"I'm Arlo Flores," Arlo said shyly, "I work as a nurse."
"And I'm Riley West, a skydiving trip took me here."
Now that everyone knows who each other is, they need to know why they're here and how to get out.
"Welcome to the mist's game". A slithery voice whispered to everyone.
"I have you all trapped in this game that you will play. You are the helpless survivors, and there will be killers roaming here, waiting to kill you.
It's simple, complete all of the generators, aaaand try not to get killed.
You each have a perk that could help you, but still helpless against the killer if you ask me.
Do 8 generators and you are out of here. Good deal don't you think?"
So the game begins.
They trust the mist a bit too much.