Chapter 103

In the study room. 

Jiang Lao Ye looked at his eldest grandson sitting in front of him, with a relaxed posture, and asked in a displeased tone, "How long has it been since you moved out and didn't come back? If it weren't for your mother's birthday today, were you planning on not coming home at all?"

"Isn't it better if I don't come back? It saves you from being annoyed," Jiang Ci said lazily. 

"Big brother, grandpa has been thinking about you," Jiang Mu Hang frowned, feeling a bit uncomfortable with his elder brother's arrogance. 

"What do you want from me?" Jiang Ci raised an eyebrow and asked lazily. 

"Just tell me honestly, is Sheng Group yours?" Jiang Lao Ye asked directly. 

Jiang Ci sneered and said, "If it's mine, so what? If it's not mine, so what?"

"Why did you hide such a big thing from the family?" Jiang Lao Ye controlled his urge to slam the table and asked Jiang Ci with a serious tone, "How did Sheng Group end up in your hands?"

"It's not mine," Jiang Ci casually crossed his long legs and said lazily, "Jiang Haoyan is a child of the Sheng family, and I'm just managing it on his behalf." It's troublesome to have this burden on him every day. 

"What?" Both Jiang Lao Ye and Jiang Mu Hang were surprised. Even though Jiang Ci had explained that the child was not his when he brought him back, everyone thought it was just an excuse and did not want to admit that the child was his illegitimate son. After all, as the person in charge of a large group, having a child out of wedlock would damage his image. 

Now, Jiang Ci suddenly said that Jiang Haoyan was the child of the Sheng family. How could they not be shocked?

"Is this true?" Jiang's grandfather looked at him half-believingly. 

Jiang Ci sneered, "Otherwise, do you think the Sheng Group would have ended up in my hands for no reason?"

Jiang's grandfather was stunned for a moment before he glared at him and scolded, "Why didn't you reveal the child's identity earlier when it's such a serious matter?"

"Was it necessary to say it?" Jiang Ci stood up, ready to leave. "If you're asking about this matter, I've already told you." He didn't say it earlier because he was concerned about Sheng Minghao and wanted to protect the little troublemaker. Now that Sheng Minghao had become a bereaved dog and there was no need to worry, it didn't matter if he revealed it. 

"Wait a minute." Jiang's grandfather's sharp eyes narrowed as he spoke slowly, "The child is still young now. Since the Sheng Group has fallen into your hands, it belongs to you and the Jiang family. This is a simple truth that doesn't need grandpa to tell you. "

Jiang Ci's scarred hands were still casually in his pockets. He pulled the corners of his mouth and looked like he had heard a joke. "Do you think I would covet such a thing?" He turned around, took long strides, and lazily said, "When did the Jiang family become so destitute? Are we even coveting a child's things?"

Upon hearing this, Jiang's grandfather was both ashamed and angry. His face turned red, and he slammed the table heavily. "This scoundrel wants to make me angry. . . "

"Grandpa, don't be angry. Big brother always talks like this. He didn't mean it." Jiang Muhang looked at his grandfather, who was full of anger, and tried to persuade him. 

"What do you think he's thinking? Such a big group was given to him for free, and he still doesn't want it? He said he wants to help his child manage it?" Jiang Grandpa's voice still contained anger, "Even our own group is not being taken care of. If we cooperate with Hengyuan Group, we will be unbeatable. What other aristocratic families can compete with us?"