Chapter 49

Su Yue felt that sleeping like this was even more uncomfortable and awkward, especially in such hot weather with no air conditioning indoors. The two of them were sticking together, and their skin was sweating. However, she lay there for a while, not knowing if it was because she was too tired, and actually fell asleep. 

The setting sun was shining into the courtyard outside, creating a peaceful beauty. 

The sound of the "clattering" fan still echoed inside the room. Su's grandmother came up to wake the two of them up for dinner. When she opened the door, she saw her granddaughter sleeping on her grandson-in-law's body, and the two of them were intimately close. 

She had heard her daughter complain on the phone before, saying that she was not satisfied with Jiang Ci as a son-in-law, saying that he had a bad personality, was blind, and had a ruined face. But now, it seemed that the young couple had a good relationship. As for Jiang Ci's personality, although he had not been in contact with this grandson-in-law for a long time, it was clear that he loved his wife, as he had accompanied Yue Yue back late at night and carried the old man to the hospital. 

The face was not good-looking, but that was not important. Men did not rely on their faces to make a living. As for the eye problem, it was also an unavoidable matter. It was better than those who had good eyes but were blind. 

Su's grandmother was from an older generation and had a simple way of looking at things. When it came to marriage, it was important to marry someone you liked and who treated you well. Everything else was secondary. 

"Yue Yue, dinner is ready."  Su's grandmother snapped out of her thoughts and called out. 

When the door was opened, Jiang Ci woke up and hugged Su Yue tightly. He lowered his chin and said, "Su Yue, wake up and eat."  His low and hoarse voice was rare with a hint of tenderness. 

Su Yue rubbed her head drowsily, and her soft hair brushed against Jiang Ci's cheek, making it itchy. His firm chin tightened instantly. 

Su's grandmother saw her grandson-in-law wake up and smiled, "I'll go down and set the table. When Yue Yue wakes up, you two come down and eat."  She walked out and closed the door behind her. 

The person on his body has not yet woken up. Jiang Ci's slender fingertips lifted the long hair that was scratching his chin, and he smelled the faint scent of milk, hooking his lips. 

Extending his fingertips to her face, Jiang Ci touched her cheek. Unlike the smooth and delicate touch before, there were shallow scars on it, some of which had hardened scabs. 

Jiang Ci frowned. This was caused by her being splashed with sulfuric acid while trying to save him. 

Foolish!

The icy fingertips gently brushed over the scars. Even sleeping was uncomfortable on the hard bed board. Such a delicate person was splashed with sulfuric acid. No wonder she cried pitifully in his arms that day. 

The fingertips rubbed back and forth on the scars, and the skin of the scars was much rougher than the surrounding uninjured skin. Thinking of Su Yue crying sadly in the hospital because of these wounds, Jiang Ci suddenly felt a little irritable. 

Who made her so clever to save him?

Jiang Ci slightly raised his upper body, touched Su Yue's ear, and then bit it. His teeth rubbed against the soft earlobe. 

Su Yue was awakened by the pain. She opened her blurry eyes and touched her ear, which was a little sore, as if she had been bitten by a bug. 

"Awake?" Jiang Ci said expressionlessly.