Chapter 16

"Jiang Ci, Jiang Ci. . ."

"Daddy, Daddy. . ." Little Haohao, with a mouth full of cream, was so scared that he froze in his chair. Then, his little mouth pouted and he immediately burst into tears.

Su Yue looked at the red spots that appeared on Jiang Ci's face, and even on his neck, hands, and other exposed skin. It seemed like an allergic reaction. She remained calm and said, "Little Haohao, don't cry. You stay here with your dad, and I'll go find someone."

Jiang Haoyan's eyes widened and turned red. When he heard Su Yue's words, he sobbed and pouted, "Daddy, don't die. Haohao will stay with you."

Su Yue knew that the little guy was just scared, but she didn't have time to comfort him. She patted his little head and immediately ran out to find someone.

The party had already begun. As the birthday boy, Jiang Muhang and Jiang Xuan were dancing in the center of the hall, attracting the attention of everyone present.

Su Yue casually pulled a servant and asked, "Where is the butler?"

The servant didn't recognize Su Yue at first and said, "The butler seems to be with the madam." Then, she looked at Su Yue's cold expression and pointed, "The madam is in the rest area."

When Su Yue found the butler Zhang Shu, he was reporting something to Song Xiaoqing.

"Zhang Shu, Jiang Ci fainted. Send someone to take him to the hospital." Su Yue walked over quickly.

"What's going on?" Song Xiaoqing looked at Su Yue in front of her, surprised that her daughter-in-law had lost so much weight again.

Su Yue took a deep breath and said, "Mother, Jiang Ci is in trouble." She quickly described Jiang Ci's symptoms and turned to the butler, "Uncle Zhang, send someone to take Jiang Ci to the hospital immediately."

"Yes," Uncle Zhang quickly agreed.

"Wait a minute," Song Xiaoqing stopped Uncle Zhang." There are guests outside now. Be careful not to let them know, so as not to affect the progress of the banquet."

"I understand, Madam," Uncle Zhang quickly left.

Su Yue looked at Song Xiaoqing, who was calm and composed, feeling extremely uncomfortable. Jiang Ci was in trouble, but she was sitting calmly, even considering whether it would affect the banquet. She really didn't know that a banquet was more important than her son's life.

No, she was worried about Jiang Muhang.

Song Xiaoqing was too biased towards her son. Although she knew it was the male lead's halo, she still felt unfair for Jiang Ci.

"Don't worry, Jiang Ci just has pollen allergies," Song Xiaoqing explained when she saw Su Yue's tense face." He has had pollen allergies since he was a child. Did you add any flowers or plants to the cake he ate before he fainted?"

Su Yue was shocked. "No, I know he has pollen allergies. How could I add those things?" She was in charge of the cake and there was no way it could have gone wrong.

Song Xiaoqing looked at her.

She didn't like Jiang Ci, her eldest daughter-in-law, and she knew it. Now that Jiang Ci had eaten the cake she made and had an accident, she found it hard to believe Su Yue's words." I know, you go to the hospital to take care of Jiang Ci, and I will investigate this matter thoroughly."

"What about you, mother. . ."

"I still need to attend to the banquet here. If there's anything, call me, okay?" Song Xiaoqing pressed her forehead and her well-maintained face showed signs of fatigue.