Chapter 56

Night falls, and there is a serious and quiet atmosphere in the dining room. 

"Muhang, you went for a re-examination at the hospital today. What did the doctor say?" Grandpa Jiang spoke up. 

"I have recovered well, and there is no major problem now. Grandpa, I plan to return to work at the company tomorrow," Jiang Muhang replied. 

"Hmm, take care of yourself. By the way, I heard from those old guys that the project you did last time was good. Keep it up," Grandpa Jiang said with some satisfaction. This grandson is capable, and he can be trusted with the group. 

"Grandpa, don't worry, I know," Jiang Muhang said. 

"You may be busy, but you also need to take care of your health," Song Xiaoqing said worriedly. She looked dissatisfiedly at her husband next to her. If he had the ability, why would their son have to work so hard to manage the entire group?

"Xiaoxuan, I see you have reduced your workload recently. Don't schedule too much and fly around all day. You should spend more time taking care of Muhang. After all, he was injured for you not long ago, and his body hasn't fully recovered yet. You should put more effort into taking care of him," Jiang Muhang defended his wife. 

"Mom, I have already recovered. Xuan Xuan took care of me at home every day before, and it was also very hard for her. Now that I have recovered, she doesn't need to be around me all the time," Jiang Muhang said. 

Song Xiaoqing glared at her youngest son. 

She still cared about her youngest son being injured for his wife, and after the incident, her daughter-in-law seemed to have gained a lot of fame in the entertainment industry. Now she is nowhere to be seen, and Song Xiaoqing is increasingly dissatisfied. If the news about her was not mostly positive, she would have long forbidden Jiang Xuan from continuing to act. 

If you marry into a wealthy family, you should have the demeanor of a wealthy wife. Don't spend all your time in the entertainment industry. The Jiang family doesn't need her money. 

Jiang Xuan paused with her chopsticks in hand. She lowered her gaze, her eyes slightly moist, and said softly, "Mom, I know. I'll cancel some of the recent events. But next month, B University's 50th anniversary celebration has invited me to be a guest. Mu Hang has also been invited, and we will attend the event together. "

"B University's anniversary celebration?" Jiang's grandfather spoke up. "Since the school has invited you, you should attend. B University also exports a lot of talent to Hengyuan every year." He wouldn't object to his grandson and granddaughter-in-law participating in positive events. 

Over at the small villa, Su Yue also mentioned the anniversary celebration to Jiang Ci. 

"Jiang Ci, our school's 50th anniversary celebration is at the end of next month. Do you want to come and visit our school? There will be performances to watch." She picked up a large piece of tender and smooth whitefish and put it in Jiang Haoyan's bowl. She had noticed that the little guy didn't like to eat fish, and picky eating was not good for children. 

Little Haoyan looked at the extra piece of fish in his bowl and blinked his big eyes in distress. "It's prickly. Haoyan doesn't like it. "

"This fish doesn't have many bones. You can't be picky. If you're picky, you won't grow tall." Su Yue patted his little head. 

She poured herself a bowl of bamboo fungus and flower gum soup and took a sip, then looked at Jiang Ci, waiting for his response. 

"Why should I go?" He had no interest in these boring events. "Each class will have a performance, and I also participated, but it's a four-to-one selection, and I don't know if I can go on stage." Su Yue glanced at him and explained, "If I can go on stage, you can come and watch me perform. If I can't go on stage, I'll take you around the school." He stayed in the room all day, with a cold aura all over him. She wanted him to go to crowded places and get some attention.