𝟹𝟿 - ᴛʜᴇ "ɪɴ-ʟᴀᴡs"

Seungcheol's hand creeped up on mine, forcing my hand to open up from its tight fist and intertwining our fingers together. 

"You're really quiet today," Seungcheol noted. 

"Hmm. . .I am?" I said, my eyes simply focused on the road ahead while my mind was somewhere else. "I must be sleepy," I answered. 

"You just woke up a little while ago. You had been asleep most of the journey now," Seungcheol pointed out. 

"Oh. . .really?" I said, "Hey, why don't I drive? You must be tired now."

"Didn't you mention you are sleepy?" Seungcheol asked. 

"Exactly why I should drive. It will wake me up," I said. 

"Uh...thanks for the offer but its okay. I got it," Seungcheol said, sounding unsure. 

"Do you not like me driving?" I ask, sensing there is something Seungcheol isn't telling me. 

"What? No. No. Why would I not like you driving?" Seungcheol said. "Then why do you always decline when I offer?" I ask a bit aggressively. 

"I just-because I got it. I'm not tired and I like to drive,"Seungcheol said. 

"Well I like to drive too!" I muttered strongly underneath my breath, rolling my eyes and looking out of the window.

I feel Seungcheol give me a glance and ask, "What's wrong? Why are you being so fussy today?"

"I'm not being fussy," I snap. Seungcheol doesn't say anything but I can clearly sense him being tensed and confused. Taking a deep breath and closing my eyes as I calm myself, I say, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped. I don't know what's wrong with me today."

He slowly sneaks his right hand to find my left one and intertwines our hands together, saying, "It's okay. Don't be nervous. I know my mom will like you."

For a few moments I am confused as to what he is going on about then I realize that Seungcheol thinks I am acting out because I am nervous to meet his family. And while I am a bit nervous to meet his family, how do I tell him the actual problem is that I am having a hard time acting as if everything is completely fine when there is that Mari girl looming over my head. 

Instead I tighten our grip and ask, "Are your parents scary?" 

Seungcheol laughed out loud and said, "No. . .they aren't. At least I believe they aren't. I mean my dad can be intimidating at times but only when he is working."

"What about your grandmother?" I ask. 

"My grandmother is sweet. She's sweeter than my mother," Seungcheol replied, "And she honestly likes anyone I bring home."

I look at him with a frown and ask, "So that means you bring a lot of girls home?"

"What! No! No!" Seungcheol looked at me with a panicked expression and wide eyes, "No baby, I was just talking in general. Like my friends."

"What about your brother?" I inquire. 

"Do you really care what my brother will think of you?" Seungcheol asks and I point out, "He is your family."

"He's only two years older than me. I doubt his opinion will matter a lot," Seungcheol said. 

"Just relax okay. Don't be nervous. It's just my family," Seungcheol casually as if he forgot that his father is the second richest man in South Korea and that is family business is the largest jewelry manufacturer in all of East Asia. 

And I come from a family of mere dentists. 

"Are you sure there is something I should avoid saying? Or something I should not do? Something that might upset your family?" I ask for the nth time. Two nights ago, I had stayed up late in the library to do some research of high society etiquette and mannerism as well as watch princess teen movies to learn what to avoid when you meet your boyfriend's family.