𝟸𝟺 - ʙᴏᴜɴᴅᴀʀɪᴇs

*Harabeoji = Grandfather 

Mingyu looks up at the sound of the grass crunching underneath my shoes. 

He is wearing a fitted white t-shirt paired with a simple black button tee thrown over it as a jacket with denim pants underneath. He had been crouching down with his camera in his hands, hovering over a pretty pink flower in the corner. 

Mingyu looked surprised to see me and slowly lifted himself back up when I neared him.

"I didn't think you'd come," Mingyu said. 

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I promised you I'd be here." 

This is the first time I am talking to Mingyu after the other day when I kind of blew up on him for instituting that Seungcheol and I aren't a compatible match. However as time passed by, my anger also calmed down. 

I do still feel a bit irritated by his comments but at the same time I feel like I can't solely blame him for everything. Almost everyone shares the same view when it comes to Seungcheol and me, including my own friends, so it isn't fair for Mingyu to only get mad at him. 

"Hey. . .about last time. . .I didn't mean to-" Mingyu started but I cut him off by shaking my head and saying, "It's okay. It's in the past. Let's move on."

Mingyu studied me for a few seconds before nodding his head and saying, "Alright."

He grabbed his satchel bag that was lying down on the grass and said, "Come on. Let's get going."

I nodded and began to follow Mingyu as he led me towards the correct way. 

Minyu sells his photographs to a local magazine as a freelancer sometimes and he got offered a good amount of payment to go take photos for this grandfather the magazine is conducting an interview on in town. Mingyu knows how keen and committed I am towards Journalism and he thought the topic of the interview will interest me so and so decided to invite me to tag along. 

Although the actual interview won't be happening today and Mingyu is really only going to take pictures for the magazine, he still thought I might find it intriguing and I somehow ended up going along with him. 

After a few minutes of walking, I realized that we had walked past the bus stop to go into town and are now headed somewhere else. 

"Where are we going?" I ask Mingyu. 

"Oh, we're walking there. He lives about maybe. . .fifteen minutes on foot?" Mingyu said, wondering out loud, "He lives in the opposite direction of the town and there he pretty much resides in the middle of nowhere, next to this farm. The bus doesn't go in that far since Sebong is its final stop and neither I didn't know if you had a bicycle or not so I thought traveling by foot might be the best option we have." 

"I could have asked one of the girls in my dorm to borrow a cycle," I tell him quietly. 

Mingyu just shrugged his shoulders and said, "It's fine. It's not too far anyways. Not like we can't handle the walk." 

"Congrats to Emily by the way," Mingyu suddenly spoke, "I heard she got on the national team." 

"Thank you. I'll relay the message to her," I say. 

Yesterday evening where the national tryouts, which were luckily broadcasted live on a smaller channel, and Emily managed to make to the national team which consists of nine members. Since she just joined the national team, her current rank is nine but I still find it crazy how she managed to jump her national rank from about thirty to nine within a year. 

Athletes are truly not normal humans. 

"We're here," Mingyu announced as a traditional home came into view, surrounded by fields of crop.