𝟻𝟷 - ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛᴀʟʟʏ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢs

I feel uncomfortable. 

Sitting across from Seungcheol's father, who just casually happens to be one of the richest man in South Korea, being surrounded by at least four security guards and an assistant, sitting in a private room in a cafe, which I didn't even know existed. 

What makes me even more uncomfortable is the fact that Seungcheol's father is sitting in front of me without having said a single word to me till this point. 

From the moment his assistant stopped me in the middle of the pavement to asking me to talk with him, he has only really spoken to me a single line. Apart from that, all conversation I have carried out has been taken through his assistant. 

Sitting now in the cafe, I can't help but wonder if I will even get a chance to talk to him one on one today. 

As if hearing my thoughts, Seungcheol's father cleared his throat loudly, grabbing my attention. Thinking that he will start speaking now, I am mistaken when I see the waitress bring out a two glasses of what looks like iced tea. 

She places it in front of us and I give her a small smile, thanking her quietly. I wonder if I'm actually supposed to drink the iced tea because Seungcheol's father doesn't make any move to actually drink the tea, or hold the glass for that matter of fact. 

The more time passes, the more I realize how weird this man is and the more I wonder how in the world did Seungcheol turn out to be as normal as he has. 

"Song Jia," Seungcheol's father finally spoke and I'd be lying to say I'm not surprised. 

I turn my attention fully towards him. 

"I'm sure you remember me," He speaks and I can't help but just look at him blankly. Did he call me all the way here to just ask if I remember who he is? 

When I realize he is waiting for an answer from me, I clear my throat a bit and speak, "Yes. Yes. I do."

He smiled and for a moment resembled Seungcheol so much. 

"You are very sharp. Very intelligent too I've heard. One of the top of your class in high school and you are doing academically well in university as well," He says. I suppose stalking must run in the family, remembering how Seungcheol had also searched up my background before we had started dating. 

"I know you are a very diligent and a hardworking young woman. However what I do not understand is why you are with my son when you yet have so many opportunities to explore the world," Seungcheol's father said.

"What?" I say, the surprise evident in my voice, "I'm sorry. I don't understand."

Seungcheol's father leaned back in his chair a bit and said," Seungcheol is an smart child as well. Much like his brother, not as cunning and intelligent, but definitely more skilled at academics. However Seungcheol's fate is already sealed. He himself has stated his desire to take over the company with his brother multiple times now and has already begun to understand how the company operates. Seungcheol's future is here, in Korea, in diamonds and in jewelry. He already has a base here and he has no desire of going abroad."

"However, you on the other hand, you want to be a journalist. I know for a matter of fact that you want to continue studying after graduation, pursue a master's degree and want to travel the world with your job. Your dreams do not have a home base, they are scattered all over the world. You seem to be determined and ambitious, as you should be, but Seungcheol on the other hand does share the same ambitious. You two already have a different outlook on your future, I can't help but worry about how it will look later."

It takes me a good few moments to actually process what Seungcheol's father is saying and understanding the depth of his words. 

"Are you saying we're not a great match?" I ask, keeping my voice monotonous.