𝟷𝟿 - sᴛᴀᴛᴜs

Okay I realized that a lot of people might think that Soyeon is Gidle's Soyeon, but Soyeon is actually an original character. I know people might thinks I used gidle's Soyeon since I've used alot of kpop idols in my book but this Soyeon is completely different. She's an original character I created myself. Just wanted to clear that out.

Eunsoo's loud and unneeded direction of attention towards me immediately made me extremely uncomfortable as I felt all eyes around the area, not only from their table but from people sitting nearby, draw towards me. 

I could tell even my friends were startled because Emily had a surprised look on her face and Soyeon looked like a deer caught in headlights, probably mirroring me right now. 

Seungcheol turned around in his seat, twisting his body to look in my direction, as how everyone else is mostly reacting.

"Uh. . .Here are you seats," The waiter said, most likely feeling awkward. 

Taken off guard, I didn't know how to react and so I just walked over to the furthest seat away from Eunsoo and sat down on it as the rest of my friends sat down as well. 

Even after all four of us were seated on our table, the awkward tension in the air did not leave and the fact that their entire group is seated right next to us didn't help the mood either. 

Nana became the first to react as she cleared her throat and pulled out the mini sanitizer stationed at every table and offered it all of us. 

"So. . .what do you guys want to eat?" Nana asked, pulling out the menu. 

"How do we order here?" Soyeon muttered, noticing the fact that there are barely any waiters around. 

"You use this tablet," I tell Soyeon, having eaten here once before already, "It's all digital." 

"Cool," Soyeon muttered, but I knew deep down that it wasn't cool.  As much as she does love attention, Soyeon also hates unwanted and unneeded attention. 

Luckily for the four of us, everyone else around us seems to go back to their food, including the people sitting on the table next to us. As the four of us also move on with our conversation, I feel eyes staring at me and look up to see Seungcheol looking at me, locking eye contact at me. 

We stay there for a few seconds, without moving away, before he gives me the slightest of smile and breaks away his gaze, paying attention to what Shownu was saying and I also return back to what Emily was talking about. 

"Ugh, I really shouldn't be eating this right now," Emily complained, "I'm on this low carb and high protein diet."

Nana frowned as she messed around with her chopsticks, patiently waiting for our food to arrive and asked, "Shouldn't you be eating more carbs? As an athlete?"

Emily shook her head and explained, "No, Coach says I need more protein in my diet to build on for my muscles. So he put me on a low carb and high protein diet for a month to build onto my protein intake. Sushi is pretty much just carbs with little protein and zero fiber. Did you know sushi can lead to heart disease and type two diabetes?"

I gave Emily a side glance and asked, "Since when did you study nutrition." 

"Since I started needing it to win a spot on the national team," Emily said, putting down her chopsticks, looking visibly stressed, "The tryouts are just in a month. What am I doing sitting in a restaurant?" 

"Hey, you need to chill out," Soyeon said, "If you don't give your body and  your brain a break then you're gonna breakdown. One cheat meal a week won't kill you." 

"I know but I just can't help but worry," Emily said, "I don't want my hard work to go to waste."

"And it won't," Soyeon told her, "Keep faith in yourself."