𝟺𝟺 - ʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡᴀᴠᴇs

NOTE: I started this book in 2022 and even though we're in 2023 right now, the book's timeline is still in 2022 September.

"And so? Anything else interesting happened?" Soyeon asked, popping another potato chip mouth. 

The two of us are lying down on the lush green lawn right outside the cafeteria, enjoying the late September afternoon sun, trying to make most of the warm weather before the eight months of winter starts to hit us. The nights are already starting to get cold that its unwise to head out without a jacket. 

"No," I say, lying down on my back, not really caring if my clothes or my hair is getting dirty. 

"So you both literally just took a shower?" Soyeon confirmed. 

"Yes Soyeon. We both literally just took a shower,"  I confirm. 

"That's boring. Jun and I would have done so much more," Soyeon casually commented. 

I cringe at that and say, "Spare me the details."

Remembering something, I turn my head to face her and ask, "Speaking of Jun, I'm just wondering, but do you guys ever even fight? I swear I've never seen you two upset with each other or hear you complain."

"Of course we fight every now and then," Soyeon said, "We argued on Saturday. I haven't spoken to him since."

"What?" I sit up a bit, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Soyeon just shrugged her shoulders and said, "You were busy. I didn't want to disturb you."

"You should have called or texted me. You know I would have picked up right away when I would have seen its you," I say. 

"It's fine. You were doing something more important than wanting to listen to Jun and I's argument. It was silly anyways. I'm sure we'll get over it soon," Soyeon said but judging by her voice, it didn't seem like she truly believed it will get over soon. 

"Tell me more about Mari. Did you find out anything about her. Other than her being his ex, which was obvious to begin with," Soyeon said. 

"Oh yes," I remember what Woozi had told me and quickly recite the entire story over to her, watching as her facial expressions go from plain to shocked as I progress further with my story. 

"That was her? Her dad!" Soyeon said when I was finally done. 

I nod grimly. "I was really shocked too," I say. 

Mari's father is a well known figure in South Korea and of course he would be. Especially when you were caught essentially stealing money from the country. 

In 2017, the Defense Minister of South Korea, one of the most important and prestigious jobs in our country, was caught trading illegal weaponry into the country without any permission, and under the guise of government work. These illegal weaponry consists of former Soviet Nuclear weapons and missiles, as well as large fighter guns. He had been using the government funding as well as embezzling tax-payer money to afford these tradings and even went as far as to forge secret relations with North Koreans Generals for weapons trade behind everyone's back. 

It is one thing to bring in illegal weapons but it is another thing to be fraternizing with the enemy.

I just can't believe I did not make that connection earlier. 

"This is so crazy," Soyeon said, "I'm shocked even though I don't even know this person. This is so scandalous."

"But I hate the fact that Seungcheol was related to her even more," I say, "Is that weird?"