𝟻𝟹 - ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ

It takes me a very long time to recover from my initial shock.

In fact shock is a very simple way of putting what I feel at the moment. Shock is when you find out your boyfriend is keeping the fact that he is perhaps no more in love with you. Shock is when you find out your best friend actually hates you. Shock is when you find out you are actually adopted.

This.

This.

This goes beyond shock.

"w-what do you mean? I don't understand," I shake my heads, unable to even understand whatever nonsense Eunsoo just spoke.

She looked at me smugly, crossing her arms across her chest and said, "I take it Seungcheol never told you. Despite all of us telling him to."

"I really don't understand, "I say, my head a cloud of confusion, "Seungcheol is dating me. He's with me."

"He's with you right now. Doesn't mean he will be with you forever," Eunsoo says.

"What do you mean by she's his fiancée," I demand hastily, apparently the words starting to make sense to me now.

Eunsoo looks at me and says, "What exactly do you know?"

I take a deep breath and say, "I know that she's his ex. And that they dated for two years. And that she all of a sudden left for America without telling anyone and that it broke Seungcheol's heart. But I also know that they everyone wanted them to be together which is why they started seeing each other in the first place."

"Hmmm," Eunsoo hummed, "So you're not completely oblivious. They did date for two years but they were engaged for the last five months of it."

"Engaged? At sixteen?" I ask, taking a seat as well since I realize this will be a lot of information.

"It's normal for chaebol families," Eunsoo shrugged her shoulders, "In fact, I'm pretty sure my own dad would have tried to marry me off to Seungcheol if Mari didn't get there first."

I click my tongue in annoyance and say, "Can you stop speaking to me in riddles and tell me the whole story?"

Something shifted in Eunsoo's gaze and she said, "Fine. Mari and Seungcheol, me, Jeonghan, Miyeon, Jungkook and Jaehyun, Kihyun, Shownu and all the other guys have known each other most of our lives. But Jeonghan, Mari and Seungcheol were always the closest out of all of us. Throughout kindergarten to middle school, those three were almost inseparable, always together everywhere and all the time. Even in high school they were very close but Joshua moved from the states and became besties with  Jeonghan first and Mari grew up to be more feminine and started having more female friends. They were all still very close, just not as inseparable as they used to be. It was pretty obvious to everyone that Jeonghan and Seungcheol liked Mari in middle school. Very cliché but also understandable because Mari is absolutely gorgeous. By far the gorgeous girl in our school."

"Jeonghan liked Mari?" I cut her off, very surprised.

"It was a brief, teenage crush. Honestly, he probably realized he doesn't stand a chance because of his family background because unlike all of us, Jeonghan's dad is a self-made man and his family did hit a financial crisis in the middle. Mari may have been beautiful but she was raised spoiled and was not very nice to others most of the time. Then we all entered high school and within a few months Mari and Seungcheol started dating. It wasn't a surprise to anyone since we all predicted it. Both of their families have known each other for years, before they were even born, so everyone always encouraged a relationship between the two. It was almost too predictable. Seungcheol was happy. His family was happy and Mari's family was happy and at first she was happy too. But like I said, Mari wasn't exactly your stereotypical kind and pretty girl. Her dad was a major asshole to both her mom and her and she wanted to break away from this society and live far away. And she should have broken up with Seungcheol earlier but she didn't want to ruin their friendship and break his heart in the process either. Then when we got ito 11th grade, her dad got into trouble with the government and was being thrown into jail. To save Mari and her mother from the aftermath, he decided to divorce her mother so she wouldn't face the consequences of being his wife and arranged a marriage for his daughter with his best friend's son."