𝟸𝟼 - sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀs ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ

Six Weeks Later

I come back to an empty home. Hanging my house keys on the key holder next to the door, I take off my shoes and walk inside. Both mom and dad are still at the clinic and most likely won't be getting free for another hour.

Summer started three weeks ago and I started my short six weeks internship at KBS news right away and now only have three more weeks to go. Most of my summer vacation will be taken up by internship, waking up at seven thirty to take a little morning walk before getting ready to show up at my internship at nine thirty before finally getting off at six. However I ended up getting free earlier today at just a bit after five. I mostly eat dinner with my parents and sometimes make plans with my high school friends to go to Seoul for the night or for the weekend. Since Ilsan is right next to Seoul, it really isn't too far.

After being surrounded by the nature and countryside for more than three months, coming back to the busy city life was initially confusing and hectic however because I grew up here, it wasn't too hard to adjust back in. It has been nice to catch up with my friends from school and visiting the shops and restaurants I used to always go to when I was in school.

Soyeon is currently on a twenty day family trip to Europe with her parents and other relatives and even Jun joined them midway through. Everyday I wake up to her sending me pictures of her and her family in front of another famous monument or building in Europe Orr sending me pictures of food she is eating everyday. As much as I get jealous of the places she is visiting, I am happy she is having a great time and that her dad finally got around to like Jun.

Emily returned to the national training center to train with the national team for swimming and ini fact even won a silver medal in her very first international competition while representing Korea. She was beat by a Japanese with the difference of half a second and was initially left disappointed by the close match but later cheered on. Ever since she qualified for nationals, Emily has been spending most of her time at the national training center which resulted us seeing less of her and Soyeon having mostly a solo room at the dorms. But since she does still need to meet the minimum attendance requirement at University, she returns to campus twice a week and then disappears again. The traveling works for her since the national training center is only located a forty minute train ride from the Sebong town.

Nana is in Jeju, with her Korean grandparents, and is also interning at a NGO for a couple of weeks. I know her mom came and visited her in Jeju because there were paparazzi pictures of her mom at the airport and of her mom and her at a cafe in Jeju. Seeing those pictures just made me envious of her mother's god gifted beauty. Celebrities are truly built to be at another level.

Mingyu also went back to Anyang at his parents house and last I heard from him was that he was working a few part time jobs around his hometown and helping his parents around at the house.

Seungcheol went to America as soon as the summer break had started to attend a two month gemology course in San Francisco as a starter to joining and handling the family business. I knew nothing about gems and the different qualities and manufacturing of diamonds but listening to Seungcheol briefly explaining the types of diamonds there are out there made me realize that the jewelry industry is far more complex than I thought it was. You cannot just design a necklace without understanding how the weight of the metal, the gems and the qualities play in role. The night before summer break started, Seungcheol and I spent time together alone in his small hideout and ended up falling asleep on the couch while we were watching Me Before You. It was the first time I spend the night with a boy, even though nothing happened, and after the initial freak out, I remembered how warm and cuddly he is. Seungcheol ha left for America the very next day and I left for Ilsan and even though we haven't seen each other since that day, we text every day and call about every other day. I never realized how much you can miss a person until Seungcheol left.