𝟺𝟽 - ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜʀᴇ ɪᴛs ᴊᴜsᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs

"What did you just say?" Seungcheol asked. 

"I said," I start to repeat, "That Jeonghan is an egoistic jerk and a fucking asshole and it would do you good to realize it as well."

There is another period of silence before Seungcheol said, "What the fuck did you say?" 

I cross my arms across my chest and shrug and say,"What? It's alright for you insult and judge my friend but it isn't okay for me to have opinion on your friend?" 

"That is not an opinion. That is just straight up hate," Seungcheol said. 

"It's not hate. It is an opinion," I say, "I really don't think he's a great person. I just never said anything before because I know how close of a friend he is to you but I really never thought he is nice or kind or just even friendly before."

"He looks down on mostly everyone, ignored anyone he doesn't know, barely acknowledges his mistakes, manipulates every situation to go his way and just likes to pretend I don't even exist whenever I am around. Not to mention he has this persona that screams he thinks he is better and bigger than everyone else. Where in reality his parents are probably only just as financially well off as mine are. He need stop acting like he has a billionaire daddy supporting his back when it isn't true."

Seungcheol looks more fumed that before and I know our conversation has tracked off its course into something entirely different but it can't be helped. 

"So all this time you were just pretending to like Jeonghan? You were just acting?" Seungcheol accused and he did actually sound betrayed. 

"I wasn't acting. I just never spoke about him. And luckily we don't have any classes together so I barely spent any time with him," I say, "Haven't you ever realized how I mostly seem to get along with most of your friends, Joshua, Hyungwon, Kihyun, Shownu, everyone but Jeonghan? And well Eunsoo too but she's a whole different story. But you can't tell me that you seriously haven't even once thought about how odd it is that that I can talk to everyone in your friend circle but Jeonghan."

Something flashes across Seungcheol's eyes and he says,"I-I just didn't think too much about it."

"Listen. . .I did say what I said a bit out of rage earlier but I meant every word I said and I'm sorry if you didn't like it but it is the truth. Jeonghan is an egoistic man and it would do you good to actually at least acknowledge it," I say, since Seungcheol did look like as if he is physically going through a shock.

But then his eyes turned from hurt to rage and he narrowed his eyes and said, "Don't act like your friends are all saints either. Nana, she's only here because her mother is famous? And not even that famous now. She acts as if her mother is an amazing actor when not a single film of her's has made a profit in the last ten years. And that Soyeon, she is a manipulator and a liar. She strings you along, plays with your emotions to get you to do what she wants and you fall for it every time like a stupid child. You let her walk all over you without a word and call her a best friend but all I see is an emotional abuser."

I suck in a deep breath and say, "Soyeon is not an emotional abuser."

"She is."

"No! She is not," I say sharply, "Yes, I admit. She does like to have things her way and she does get upset easily and comes off as aggressive but she is not an emotional abuser. Don't go throwing around words you don't understand Seungcheol. At least I acknowledge her shortcomings, you can't even do that." 

"That is because Jeonghan does not have any shortcomings," Seungcheol argues back, "At least not in the ways you mean." 

"What is that supposed to mean? That he's a god crafted gift and nothing he can do is wrong? That the only thing Jeonghan can do is good," I question his logic, "What are you? One of his disciples?"