𝟹𝟺 - ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴛʜɪs ғᴇᴇʟ ɴᴏᴛ sᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ

"Tell me what?" Soyeon repeated, looking down at us from her point of vision on top of the stairs.

As if on cue, Emily and I look at each other, exchanging a glance.

I barely react. After all, there really isn't much for me to react.

Emily sighs inwardly and says, "If we are going to do this, then call Nana. I don't want to repeat the story for the third time around now."

Forty minutes later, the four of us are bundled up in Emily and Soyeon's room. Nana and I lying down on the large bean bag they have in the corner while Emily sits in the chair and Soyeon on her bed. When Emily finally breaks her news and explains her story, there is just silence. Completely silence.

It's one thing for Emily to even interact with the other gender. It's another thing for to interact with one of the hottest males in our university. To digest both pieces of information at the same time is a bit challenging.

Well, not for me since I had the liberty to find out last night. The entire time Emily was reciting her story for the second time, I was busy playing Candy Crush on my phone. It wasn't like I cared, I had just gotten over my surprise and wasn't feeling betrayed any more.

"Wait. . .so you've known this for how long again?" Soyeon asks, her question directed at me.

"Last night. Just last night. So really we all are on the same page," I say quickly before she can jump onto other conclusions.

"You and Seungcheol?" Soyeon asks, "I thought you said you didn't have any plans?"

"I didn't," I repeated, playing on my phone, "I ran into him."

"So you two made up?" Soyeon asked.

"Oh yeah!" Emily exclaimed loudly, "It seem as if you two were still a bit awkward. I forgot to ask that last night."

Well no shit. You were probably busy worrying about being caught to remember my love life.

But of course I don't say that out loud.

"We're good now," I tell everyone.

"Yeah. They even spent the night together," Emily whispered as if it was the most juicy thing she has ever heard in her life.

"I'm sorry. How did we go from discussing them to discussing me? She was dating in secret, remember?" I say, putting my phone away and sitting up a bit straighter.

Nana just snorted at Emily's disdain face.

"Yeah. Jia is right. We'll go back to Jia later, but right now we're talking about you," Soyeon said calmly.

Before I was worried for Emily because of Soyeon's reaction. I had known that Nana would remain mostly calm but I had not expected Soyeon to be this carefree and calm as she has. Soyeon is known for her outbursts which is I was so convinced she would not take this so well. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks this way because I can see the brief emotion of surprise in Emily's eyes when Soyeon talks to her in a calmly manner.

"I get the entire story and all, but you never explained how you guys met. Like, outside of Sebong," Soyeon asked.

"Oh. . .that. Actually. . .it turns out his dad and my mom used to go to school together. They weren't friends or anything, just classmates. But since they were in same middle school and high school, they just happened to remember each other. Anyways, there was this class reunion or something in March and they told people to bring their families too. My mom flew in from Korea and since I am the only one here, she brought me there. Jeonghan just happened to be there too."