𝟹𝟽 - ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄᴏɴғᴜsᴇᴅ

Yewon unnie and I walk back to the dorm mostly in silence. 

Since I now have been relieved of my hangover to an extent, the amount of work I have left to do for my classes is starting to sink in. Mingyu and I have to write a joint report together which is due this week and I haven't even started on my part of the research, despite us meeting tomorrow to work on it. 

Now that I think of it, I don't recall seeing him at the party yesterday. I wonder where he was. I'm pretty sure I would have seen him if he were there since Mingyu is a guy hard to miss. 

I really am in no mood to study but unfortunately I really do not have any other option left. Probably shouldn't have procrastinated when I did have the time.

"Someone's waiting for you," Yewon unnie said, breaking me out of my thoughts. I look at her in question and she jerks her head ahead. 

I trail down her vision and see Seungcheol standing in front of our dorm building, leaning against a pole. He was engrossed in his phone at the start to notice us but as we neared a bit, Seungcheol seemed to take note of our presence. Pushing himself off of the pole and turning in my direction, his eyes darted between the two of once. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask when we were close enough to be in earshot. 

Seungcheol bowed subtly at Yewon unnie, who returned the gesture, and said, "To check up on you. I called your phone a few times but you didn't pick up."

"Oh. . .I forgot it in my room. We went out to get some food," I tell him though for some reason I cannot get myself to be overtly excited to see him. If anything, I can really do this day without seeing him. The talk with Yewon unnie about power and money really did shake my inner beliefs a bit and I just want to spend my time quietly today.

"I'll see you in the room," Yewon unnie spoke to me and left, leaving the two of us with our privacy. 

Now that we both are left alone, Seungcheol gently reached out to my hand and takes it in his before lacing our fingers together. He too seemed a bit hesitant and anxious. "What's wrong. You seemed troubled?" Seungcheol asked. 

I shake my head a bit, forcing a smile to come onto my face and say, "Nothing. Just a headache. I drank more than I should have last night."

Seungcheol nodded and asked, "Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?"

It took me a few seconds to realize he is talking about my head and I replied, "No. I'm sure. I'm fine. Nothing happened."

"Okay," Seungcheol said and our conversation dropped down. The air around us got awkward so quickly, it reminded me of the time when we had first began dating, not knowing each other at all. 

However the awkwardness at the time was justified and practical. The awkwardness this time seems weird and misplaced between us. 

"You're not mad. . .are you?" Seungcheol asked.

I frowned. "Mad?" 

"About last night," Seungcheol said. 

Last night? Does Seungcheol know she overheard his conversation with Eunsoo last night. Is he apologizing for not being honest with her or for what properly explaining himself earlier? But how could he possibly know I heard the entire conversation unless he actually saw me in the room. 

My heart picks up pace and I ask, "Last night?"

"Yeah. ..about. . .you know, taking you to the room. And trying to. . .when you were drunk," Seungcheol explained in tiny broken sentences. 

A wave of relief washes over her yet she can't help but feel disappointed that he doesn't seem bother to even bring up talking to Eunsoo last night. I might not be so upset if he just mentioned talking to her but the fact he is hiding everything is just making me doubtful.