𝟺𝟹 - ᴍᴜғғʟᴇᴅ

I woke up before Seungcheol did the next morning and slowly slipped out of bed, careful to not wake him up. 

He is still sleeping very soundly, snoring very lightly while half of his face is hidden away from being buried in the pillow. I hadn't even realized until I woke up but I had ended up sleeping most of of the night with my head resting on his arm and I doubt that must have been very comfortable. 

Since I couldn't seem to fall asleep anymore, I got out of the covers, making sure not to wake him up and grab my phone, which was lying on the bedside table. I considered changing out of my pajamas and wearing more presentable clothes however decided against is since the commotion I would wake might wake him. 

Seungcheol is a very light sleeper whereas I am not, which is why is was surprising to see him still sleeping till now. Normally he wakes up before I do.

Quietly closing the door of his room behind me, I wonder where to go next. The house seems eerily quiet, void of the walking housekeepers I had seen yesterday. Everyone is most likely still sleeping, after all it is only eight on a Sunday morning. 

And so I start walking towards the only location in this house of which I have remembered the way; the botanical garden of Seungcheol's mother. 

I bow my head briefly at one of the housekeepers that passes me by on my way. Every single housekeeper I have seen by now has a different face and now I can't help but wonder if the Choi family had over a twenty housekeepers. Yet I wouldn't be surprised as maintaining a place as big as this will require at least a thirty housekeepers. 

As I walk out to the garden, I fall short when I see a figure already sitting there. I am unable to make out their identity by just looking at their back figure and luckily for me, they turn around, disturbed by the sound of my footsteps. 

It's Seungcheol's cousin, Jihoon. 

"Sorry. I didn't realize this place is occupied," I answered, still halted in my spot. 

Jihoon, which I just spot now, is holding a guitar and shakes his head, saying, "It's alright. You can come."

"I don't mean to disturb you," I say, trying to be polite.

"No. Come in. It's nice to be in here in the morning. Peaceful and the smell of fresh flowers is comforting. Like a mother's hug," Jihoon said.

I am surprised to find Jihoon this poetic for he was rather quiet last night. Seungcheol did say I would like him and he is correct, Jihoon has a very unique yet likable personality. 

"Besides, we didn't really get to talk last night," Jihoon said, "I would like to know more about the girl that my brother is head over heels."

I blush at his words as I take a seat two chairs beside him and say, "That's flattering but I doubt Seungcheol feels that strongly for me."

"Don't be ridiculous. You do know this is the first time he has brought a girl back home for his parents to meet," Jihoon said. 

I shift a bit in my seat and say, "Wouldn't the first one be Mari? Since they had been dating seriously before."

Jihoon looked at me with what looked like a look of surprise and said, "Well...I wouldn't really count that as an introduction since Seungcheol and Mari grew up together. In fact Auntie and Uncle have known her parents before she was even born."

I didn't really respond that. 

"Seungcheol told you about Mari?" Jihoon suddenly asked after a few minutes of silence. 

I nod, "Last night actually."

"Oh...what did he say?" Jihoon asked curiously. 

"Everything? That they used to date and she just left one day with no contact," I say, "Why?"