𝟸𝟽 - ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ʙʟɪss

At first my mind is blank and I'm unable to comprehend anything.

I'm sure that I am hallucinating, so much so that I even pinch myself to make sure that Seungcheol is really standing in front of me.

I don't even realize that Seungcheol is still standing in front of my house with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

It takes a few minutes for my muscle system to move again and I swiftly turn around on my heel and run down the stairs and to the front door. By the time I open it, Seungcheol had moved from the front yard to right outside my door. He still had that wide grin on his face with the bouquet of flowers in his left hand.

When I open the front door, Seungcheol is standing there as if he were just expecting me to open the door any minute now and his eyes have a mischievous look to them.

I pause for a minute, still wondering if this is even real, before flinging myself onto him and wrapping my arms around his neck while I bury my face into the crook of his neck.

Seungcheol's chest vibrates with low chuckles and he too wraps his right arm around my waist, holding me tight.

"Happy birthday baby," He whispers into my ear.

I squeeze him before letting go but Seungcheol still holds me by the waist, keeping me close to him.

"What the heck are you doing here?" I ask him, still not believing he is standing in front of me.

I cup his cheeks to make sure he is actually real.

"Surprise!" Seungcheol said, "How do you like your present?"

At first I think about hugging him again but then a quick change of mind convinces me to instead smack him across the chest.
"Ow!" Seungcheol exclaimed, flinching lightly and pouting, "What was that for?"

"Is this why you haven't contacted me all day?" I demand with a hint of anger and frustration in my voice.

Seungcheol straightened out himself once he realized what I was talking about and said, "Sorry. I just landed after lunch so I couldn't text you earlier."

I gaped at him as I realized what he just said, "You just landed earlier?"

Seungcheol nodded his face slowly as if he was confused and said, "Yeah?"

"You mean from America. You just arrived from America today?" I ask him and he nods once again before I inquire more, "And how long are you here for?"

"I'm going back early Monday morning," Seungcheol said and then thrusting the bouquet of flowers towards me, he says, "By the way, I got these for you."

My jaw dropped as I gaped at him even longer in disbelief and astonishment.

"Did you just come here for the weekend? For me?" I ask him, absentmindedly taking he bouquet from his hands while I continue to stare at him as if he grew two heads overnight.

Seungcheol nodded as if it were no big deal and just put his hands in the pockets of is jeans, radiating extreme "I have a rich daddy" energy.

"Are you crazy?" I don't even know if I'm screaming or whispering at him at this point.

"Why would I be crazy?" Seungcheol asked innocently.

"Why would you fly out just for me? Just for one weekend? The flight rates are so expensive these days, it must have cost so much," I tell him.

Seungcheol shrugged and said, "Well. . .I don't mind the travel since it was first class. The food was okay too but I think they need to work on better reclining seats."