|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||

SEASON ONE - EPISODE TWENTY
"A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE"

...St Anne's Church...

The citizens of the French Quarter all prepare themselves for Father Kieran's funeral service. A long line of community members and family, including Rosalind, Cami, Francesca, Genevieve, and Marcel, make their way to Father Kieran's open casket to pay their respects. Klaus arrives late, and by the time he reaches the casket, everyone else at the service is already seated in the pews. He greets Cami who's standing besides Rosalind, and gives Rosalind a kiss on the cheek before going to give his respects to Father Kieran. However, when he opens the casket, Father Kieran is gone, and in his place are two babies. The babies coos at him, and he smiles.

"Hi" he says softly.

Klaus reaches down to pick the babies up, but before he can, a squishing noise is heard, and blood pours from Klaus' mouth. He's been staked from behind with the indestructible white oak stake. When Klaus turns around, Mikael is standing there, grinning. He grabs Klaus in a choke-hold.

"Greetings, boy" Mikael sneers.

Klaus looks behind his shoulders and sees Rosalind lying on her own blood at the floor, with her heart ripped and her eyes once full of light, now closed and her glowing skin, now pale, causing him feel his own world burning down.

"NO!" he yells.

...Mikaelson Compound...

"NO!" Klaus awakens with a start in his bedroom in the Abattoir compound. After gasping for a few moments, he stands up and walks over Rosalind's old bedroom, for a briefly moment, he forgot she wasn't staying at the compound anymore, which caused his heart to stop for a moment.

He runs his hand through his hair frustrated when a crazy idea popped into his mind. He needed to know about her, to hear her voice and know if she was fine. Even though it was just a nightmare, it only made his paranoia to grow.

Picking up his phone, he dialed her number and waited impatiently for her to answer it.

...The Bayou...

Rosalind was fast asleep in her shared room with Hayley when her phone started to ring. She groaned before grabbing her phone quietly, so her sister wouldn't wake up. She sighs tiredly before answering without actually looking who was calling.

"You should not wake up a pregnant woman at dawn. It's cruel" she says tiredly.

"Rosalind" came a desperate Klaus from the other line, causing her to sit up properly and rub her eyes.

"Nik?" she asks confused "why on earth are you calling me at 4.am?"

He doesn't say anything, just kept breathing heavily.

"Hello? Nik? Are you still there?" she asks.

"Yes! Yes, I am" he replied quickly, fearing she would hung up the call. He needed to hear her voice.

"And are you going to tell me why you're calling me?" she asks bored and extremely tired.

"I..." he struggled to complete his phrase "just needed to hear your voice"