61

"Impossible, she cannot be dead." Derrick shouted.

Ciara had told them last night about everything he explained to her.

He just can't believe it. He had to let her go. She was not in love with him. He forced her to love him. When he found his mate, he realised that it was high time he had let her go. And he did but she died.

He sat down and stared at nothing in particular. He remembered the first day she accepted that she loves him even though she was not in love with him at the beginning.

They had to pretend that things were fine between them in the presence of the kids but in their own privacy, they fight.

It hurts to lose her. He only sent her out that night because his father had announced to the entire pack that he would be made Alpha.

And his pack won't want a weak human as their Luna. It only gets worse as she is not his mate.

They would want their true Luna.

A lone tear dropped and he blinked his eyes to stop the rest from falling.

This was all he wanted the world to see and believe.

*

*

Getting to the Crimson Moon Pack, Xander went to meet the Alpha and Beta. They discussed some things before he finally asked of Nicole.

"She is here." Mark had answered.

"I want to meet her." He said.

"Okay, I will send for her." Mark said.

*

Nicole was wondering why the Alpha had requested for her presence in his office. She took slow and steady steps as she walked towards his office.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Come in." Beta Mark said.

She opened the door and went in. She looked around and met the greatest shock of her life - her brother - is here, as in, here in Crimson Moon pack.

"We will excuse you then." The Alpha announced and left with his beta.

Xander stared at his younger sister from head to toe. She has gotten so lean.

"X-Xander." She stuttered out. He kept quiet and this was killing her inside.

"I am highly disappointed in you." Xander finally spoke up after some minutes of silence.

"How could do horrible thing and disgrace our pack? How could you?" He shouted at her?

"First, you rejected your mate for a luna position."

"Second, you killed Ciara because of jealousy."

"Third, you ask a witch to strengthen your mate bond with... With that horrible consequence."

"How could you?" Xander shouted. His wolf was also angry with his sister.

"When did you become like this?" He asked bringing his tone down.

Nicole was already crying.

"I failed. I failed as a brother." He said and started crying.

"I'm so sorry." He cried as he hugged her.

After a while....

"I want to go back to the pack." He looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"I just want to pay my last homage to our parents' death." She said.

It took a while before he agreed.

Three days after, they got to their pack.

Eunice was very happy to see her long time friend but was also sad to see her in a condition like this. She has not been paying attention to her since she left as she had some Luna duties to do and more so she is a mother of three.

*

Nicole played with her nephews and nieces for a few days.

She went over to her parents cemetery and knelt down in front of them. She cried and cried until there were no more tears in her eyes.

Then at sunset, she stood and went back to the pack. She packed her belonging, wished them goodbye, and left to start a new life in the city.