Chapter 22

**XANDER'S POV**

"Good day everyone, i really appreciate your honouring the invitation." I said while greeting them.

"This is my mate, Eunice Perkins." I said introducing her to them while she smiled at them.

We continued with the introduction and all that, some alphas were angry at the fact that i did not receive them on the day they arrived but i apologized to them.

After everything we went back into our room i slumped on the bed feeling tired. Then suddenly the voice of the luna came into my head,

"Why is an omega radiating off the power of a beta in your pack?" That question left me dumbfounded. I did not know what to say. In as much as i would love to ruin her in front of the guests, the reputation my dad built would be ruined, that is why a lot of packs want to be allies with my pack. Currently, Alpha Damien of Silver moon pack came here for an alliance. Despite the fact that we had omegas in the past, my dad made sure that we do not mistreat them in any manner but Ciara's case is quite different.

To say i was shocked when i heard it was an understatement, i could feel it to ,no matter what her rank does not just drop, her wolf is quite strong i guess, that is why i use my alpha voice on her each time, sometimes her human submit but her wolf, she just keeps saying things that annoys my wolf, which makes him angry and give the human punishment.

Lucas was so angry with the question but i mindlinked him to be calm because he was starting to emit his beta energy which might serve as threat to the other pack leaders there.

She has survived for too long. Like how does she live such life, I'm not having any pity for her, like she caused my parents death, who will forgive such person , i just do not want her dead.

She has been my best friend since we were younger, she even used to be my crush, like you know that kind of love. Despite her wolf being annoying , my wolf still makes sure she gets enough rest. Yes, you thought right, i often secretly order the pack member to lessen her work. When i had passed that judgment, i was mourning my parents then, so it was the first time i would use my Alpha voice, she was the first person i used it on.

"Xander..... Xander". I heard Eunice's voice from a far.

"Xander!" She called.

"I have been calling you." She said looking annoyed.

"Hey, I'm sorry." I said.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"Xander, i want to see Kira." With that i jolted out of my thought.

"What?" I asked to be sure of what i heard.

"I said i wanna see Kira." She repeated.

"You will only see her when you have become the Luna and when you are strong enough to move about, because where she is, is a place you would not wanna be in for the rest of your life." I said hoping it will scare her a little bit but to my disappointment, it did nothing instead it improved her morale. I could have said i was proud of her as my Luna but the current situation did not let me think at all.

"Okay." She said and pecked me on my cheeks. I pouted, she laughed at my expression and kissed me so tender and softly.

**DAMIEN'S POV**

If my wolf were to be a human , i would have been six feets under ground. He kept chanting that i should go meet mate but as the alpha of a prestigious pack , i cannot be seen with an omega , but the thing is that i cannot reject her because i already felt a pull towards her. I do not even know what to do about it but rejection is a no!. It takes me a lot of efforts not to mark her.

She was at the dining hall today arranging plates and the food, after setting down, she served us.

"What happened to her body?" I heard someone asked whisperingly.

I was taken aback by the question that the Luna asked, even a luna could feel it, i actually felt it but ignored it. So she is from the beta bloodline but why an omega ?. I thought.

After she had served the food , i felt someone eyes on me so i turned to look at the direction, then i saw a lady.... Her name.... Erm.... Err... What is her name again? .... Yes.... Nicole.

She smiled at me which i returned with a little nod, i do not want to be all friendly with her. I looked away and saw my mate leave the dining half, i sighed and started eating.

**NICOLE'S POV**

He kept staring at Ciara , i could not tell what emotions his eyes held. He turned to me and i smiled but he just nodded , i felt bad.

Ciara doesn't have any charm. So why look at her that way? She was not good-looking. She still had spots all over her body so what was interesting and attractive about her anyways?

I do not even know why i felt bad that he did not look at me the way he did to Ciara.