32

**NICOLE'S POV**

**The Luna ceremony day**

"Hey." Melissa's voice boomed into my ear as i picked my phone to answer her call.

"Hi." I simply replied.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing, just nervous." I said.

"Oh, girly." She said behaving like my mum.

"I am on my way, okay?" She said and cut the call.

I so much missed my parents.

My brother said he could not come as Eunice was heavily pregnant so i was the only one, but Melissa is coming to help me out anyway.

I went shopping to get some new clothes and changed my wardrobe. Even though i had suggested that my soon to be mate, Damien, should go with me instead he gave some flimsy excuse saying he was busy with the pack work. I didn't want to start an argument with him so i let it go.

"Why am i feeling so restless?" I thought.

"Lora, what's happening?" I asked but she did not reply.

"Nicole, i am here." Melissa said as she opened the door.

*

*

*

*

*

So after i was done with the dressing up and make up, a lady came to call me that my presence was needed as the ceremony will soon begin.

As i stepped outside, the most intoxicating smell filled my nostrils, i enchantedly followed the scent to where it is, i stopped suddenly behind a man who appeared to be on a call.

"MATE." He growled as he came to hug me in a flash.

No!!!!!!!

This can't be happening.

Not on this day when my dreams of getting married to the man i have always loved.

But can i forgo this new made mate bond?

Yes, i can.

I have to...

"Hi, I am Mark Morrison, Beta of Crimson Moon pack." He introduced himself.

'Beta' I scoffed. When i can be Luna.

"I am Nicole Williams, and i am the soon to be Luna of silver moon pack." I said and squared my shoulders.

"No, this is impossible." He said, utterly in shock.

"He is not your mate." He shouted.

"I love him." Is all i said.

'Please, Nicole accept him' Lora said in my head.

'No'

"Please don't do it." Lora begged me but i ignored her.

"I, Nicole Williams , reject you, Mark Morrison as my mate." I said and i felt the newly made mate bond break.

"Ahrgghhh!!!!" He screamed as he touched his heart.

"Bye, take care." I turned and left for the ceremony.

Lora kept whimpering and she shove herself the back of my mind.

**************

"Hey, Nicole i have been searching for you." Melissa said.

"I had to take care of something." I replied feeling tired and exhausted.

"They requests your presence." She said and we left for the hall.

**DAMIEN'S POV**

So i am going to mark Nicole today, i am feeling frustrated already.

I just want to hide in a place where they won't be able to find me, maybe out of this world.

My eyes searched around for Ciara but could not find her maybe she did not attend.

Who am i kidding?

"Why will she attend?" Cayden said obviously angry with me for hurting his mate.

Not long did Nicole with her friend entered the hall.

"Let the ceremony begin." The elder said.

*

*

*

*

*

After the marking and everything, we retired to the packhouse.

**CIARA'S POV**

Damien was going to mark Nicole today.

I could not attend, I mean to watch my mate mark someone else.

Then suddenly every part of my body felt like the first time I shifted. The pain was unbearable. My body was on fire.

I felt like all bones were breaking and reforming.

Tavia was trying to force her way out but I was trying to stop unfortunately I was getting weak so I gave in.

As I stood on all fours, we ran into the woods and she howled painfully at our mate marking someone else.

When she was done, she sat down quietly and started howling quietly which you could say she was crying if she was human.

She loved Cayden, you could see that. Her heart was broken. But she could not reject him because nothing will change.

We slept off there...