31

**NICOLE'S POV**

**Two days to the Luna ceremony**

"My plan is working out perfectly." I said joyfully to Melissa on the phone.

"Is it your plan or my plan?" She asked.

"Yours, mine, anyhow." I said, smiling.

So in two days, i will be the official luna of silver moon pack. Gosh! So overwhelming.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Come in." I said.

"Hey, Melissa, i will chat you up later." I said hanging up the phone.

I turned to see Damien walk in and looking so serious. He was also furious though.

Why? I don't care.

"Hi." I said smiling and standing up from the bed.

"Don't you care about your mate?" He asked suddenly.

Why is he so hell bent on this mate of a thing?.

I mean we could mark each other and love each other then when we meet our supposed mate, we reject them, so simple.

"I don't care." I said matter - of - factly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because he did not search for me since i clocked 18 and moreover he might have found a woman that he loves and maybe he has gotten to married to another woman." I said.

"That still does not justify that you should not be patient in waiting for your mate." He said.

"Damien. see i love you and that all that matters most, okay?" I said, moving closer to him.

He scrunched his nose.

"Nicole.." He said. Aww.

My name sounds so sexy from his lips.

"This is just some infatuation and Lust, stop it before it is too late." He said and was about to go and when he stopped.

"And also i will never reject my mate the moment i set my eyes on her because i don't have an iota of feeling for you, i am only doing this for the alliance." He said.

"I love you and i am sure it is you i want and not some pathetic mate." I said.

"I am just telling you that i will show no hint of real feelings towards you." He said and left.

"And i am determined to get you to love me." I said.

**CIARA'S POV**

Ever since i heard Nicole was going to be the luna and Damien was not going to accept me in the presence of other people. I went into vigorous training with Beta Hudson.

I remember the day Damien saw me training with him, i was just wearing some sport bra and tiny leggings to fit into my small frame.

**FLASHBACK**

"Hey, Ara, you can do better than this." Hudson kept saying as i laid on the floor feeling tired and worn out.

"Get up." He said but i did not move. Then i started to see he was already panicking.

I smirked as he came closer to me. I stood up immediately and kneed him in the place the sun doesn't shine and stood up triumphantly.

"Arghhh." He yelled holding his junk.

As i was about to touch him, i heard a growl behind me. We turned to see Damien, Hudson stood up straight. He started coming towards us ... Me.

"As an unmarked lady, you should not be moving about in such exposing outfit." He said as he got closer to me and handing a shirt i did not know he was holding. I collected it reluctantly.

Possessive!

Wait, this shirt smells like him.

"It is his shirt obviously, dummy." Tavia said in my head. I scoffed.

"Thank you." I said, putting it on.

"Hudson, you are needed right now." He made sure to emphasise the 'right now'. Weird.

Hudson looked at him and brought it back to me then he sighed.

They were about to go when Damien stopped and looked at me.

"Follow me." He said.

As we entered his office,

"Why is she training?" He asked Beta Hudson in particular with a glare.

"She wanted to." Hudson replied.

"Without my permission, look at how messed up she is and tired, no more training or you do is rest." He said to me.

"No, i want to train." I said stubbornly.

"Are you going against me?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

I nodded negatively.

"Good, you can train but be careful Hudson, don't hurt her." He said sternly after a while and sighed.

"You are dismissed." He said and sat down. We left.

"His wolf was so pissed at us for training in that outfit ." Tavia said.

"And look we are wearing his shirt." Tavia said. Love sick she wolf.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

When i thought my life was changing for the better, every thing came crashing down again. I cried myself to sleep every night because of the thought of Damien marking Nicole. I am gonna die soon. For the past five day now, Damien avoided me like a plague. So worse for a mate.

But this time , i summoned the courage and went to his office. I knocked on the door but do not get any reply. I frowned and knocked again, still no reply.

I pushed the door open to see Damien sitting on his couch with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Are you seriously going to mark her?" I asked him and he nodded positively.

"This alliance means a lot to the pack and my dad." He said, avoiding eye contact with me.

"What about you.... me?" I asked blinking back the tears.

"I don't know, i will mark her but won't mate with her." He said.

"Just reject me." I said and he growled pushing me against the wall, i would say this was the closest we have ever been. Our faces were few inches apart and he smelled of coffee, he put his head on the crook of my neck, his hot breath fanning my neck and inhaling my scent.

"Rejecting you and letting you go is what you want but it still does not change anything." He said, pulling away from me. My wolf whimpered at the distance created between us again.

Yes he is right, nothing changes.

"I don't love her and will never, i already made it clear to her." He said.

"But you cannot mark her, what will happen to me? To us?" I said with tears already rolling down my face.

"I don't want to be your hidden mistress when i am supposed to be your Luna." I said.

"You cannot do this to me... To us.... It is way too much sacrifice.... The pain of you doing that .... Just the thought alone.... Is excruciating." I said in broken words.

"I have to do this for my pack.... Our pack." He said and dropped my hand that was on him and left.

Leaving me to cry at my own misfortune.

**DAMIEN'S POV**

It hurts so much but what can i do.

Day by day, the number of rouges keeps increasing and we have found several rouges at the pack borders. The alliance could still help us with some warrior wolves.

That is the only reason i am doing this, not that i love Nicole.

Never!

Entering my apartment, i opened a bottle vodka and drank till i was drunk, staggering to my room, i slumped on the bed.

"I LOVE YOU, CIARA." Cayden's voice croaked out.