Chapter 16

**CIARA POV**

"Come to my office right now". The husky voice of Alpha Xander came booming in my head making jump up in fear.

"Gosh" i said touching my chest and trying to regulate my breath.

I was shocked because it has been years, i mean, since like 10 years ago ,he used the mindlink for me. In that way, he made it look like i no longer belong to the pack.
*
*
*
*
As i entered his office,

"Greetings to you , Alpha Xander." I said bowing my head.

"As you know the luna ceremony is coming up in a week' time , so the preparation is starting tomorrow, guests will arriving soon to the pack, so make sure you do your duty." He said.
"Okay." I said.

After a minute of silence,

"Do you know the reason i did not over load you with work?." He asked.
I nodded negatively.
"It is because i want you to look healthy for the visitors." He said smirking.

Oh, really, huh.

"Thank you, Alpha." I replied even though i am not one bit thankful. I left.

Can you imagine that, because he wants me to look healthy for the visitor. Oh! Please.

Did anything change at all?
Pale skin - checked.
Bruised body - checked.
So lean - checked.
Ugly face - checked.
Slightly tattered clothes - checked.

Nothing's changed, I'm still that filthy omega that caused her pack to be attacked.

As i was leaving the pack house , i heard some people whispering,

"Why did the Alpha gave us order not to touch her."

"Even not to give her work, now i do my works myself."

Oh, nice one , no bullying for the meantime.

I ought to have smiled but i just could not bring my self to do that.

**XANDER POV**

Oh, Eunice, how much i have missed her. Like i miss her so much, i don't know what has been going on with her. I was still thinking when my phone started ringing.

"Hello, Lucas." I said.
"Hey , i already found him." He said.
"Good." I replied.
"Bring him to the dark room." I said .
*
*
*

"Michael, how is my luna doing?" I asked him through the mindlink. I actually told him to protect Eunice secretly.

"She is doing good." He replied.
"Okay, report to me if you notice anything weird." I said sternly.
"Yes, Alpha." He said.

I went to the dark room to see Lucas and a guy with black cloth over his head.

"Remove it." I ordered.

"Who are you?" I asked him. No reply.

"Who are you?" I asked again but got no reply.

"Do you want it the hard way?" Lucas asked.