46

**Next morning**

"Good morning, Alpha Damien." He heard a feminine voice call out from the outside.

He opened his eyes and gazed at the ceiling since he was sleeping 

"Who is there?" He asked.

"Alpha Lucian asked me to tell you to come downstairs for breakfast." The same feminine voice said.

"Okay, I will be there in a few minutes." He replied.

He closed his eyes for some time. Then he stood up sluggishly and headed towards the bathroom.

He looked at himself in the mirror. He now looked older than his age. He had a rough stubble on his face.

He brushed his teeth and did the usual.

Stepping out of the bathroom, he was now clad in a blue t-shirt and a gray pair of trousers.

He went downstairs to see Alpha Lucian and his lovely family. He had always wanted a family like this where they will be having as much as Alpha Lucian is having.

He envisioned himself and Ciara with his kids. He smiled at the thought but then the smile was caught short as he remembered that it will never be possible, that the only place it will ever happen is in his thoughts.

"Ohh. You are here." Lucian's voice brought him out of his reverie. He nodded and went over to the dining table and took a seat.

He served himself and started eating.

*

*

*

Waking up, she saw that the sun rose. Using the invisibility spell, she went into Lucian's pack and waited for a little while.

*

*

*

"So that is how we will do it," Lucian said. He knew that ever since the meeting started, Damien has not been paying attention.

"Ohh. Okay." Damien said.

"Can we go for a walk?" Damien suggested.

"Okay," Lucian said as he packed up some files.

Damien alongside Lucian exited the room.

"Good day, Alpha." Different people greeted as they passed by them. All they did is a nod at them.

They got to a place where kids were playing. Lucian smiled at them and went over to them.

He carried a little girl on his shoulder.

"Carry me too, Alpha Lucian." Several childish voices said asking Lucian to carry them too. All he did was smile and played a little with them.

All this while, Damien stared at them. It has been long since he played with the young ones in his pack. He has been so much into searching for his mate. He does not want to give up. He wanted to make sure he searched all over the world for her. But one sure thing is that Nicole will never breed his pups.

"Will you carry me?" He heard a voice say. 

He looked to see a little boy looking at him with puppy eyes. He smiled and carried him.

"What is your name?" The boy asked.

"Damien." He said.

"Wow, my name is also Damien." The boy said and smiled showing his teeth with some of them not there.

Then an arrow flew across in a swift.

"Run now," Lucian yelled with his alpha voice.

The kids started running towards the packhouse.

"Meet me this minute, James." Lucian's voice yelled through the mind link.

"Okay, Alpha." He said.

"I will go and take a look at the north border," Damien said and took off.

*

*

*

She had shot it. She made sure that the arrow did not hit any kid. One thing she did not know is that her mate was there.

Immediately she fired it, she took off and ran towards the north border as she had found out that there were fewer patrols there.

Reaching there she looked around to see if someone was there. But no one was there and then she heard human footsteps coming in her direction.

*

*

He started running in the direction as the person's speed was too high. He tried catching up with the person that is if he was sure someone was there.

He looked around and straightened his ear trying to hear. He sniffed around but found nothing.

Then suddenly he felt a slight breeze brush by him. He looked around but saw nothing.

"Is this area clear?" Lucian asked as he came closer to Damien.

"Yeah," Damien said trying to figure out what happened.

*

*

*

She had to escape as she heard several footsteps coming towards her. She stood up and brushed by one of them

She did not notice that it was her beloved mate as she had put up her guard so well

Getting outside the border, she morphed into her wolf and took off to the hotel.

*

*

*

"Dismiss," Lucian shouted at his patrols.

They bowed and left.

"James, go and check the pack members to see if they are fine," Lucian told his Beta.

"Okay," James said and left.

"Looks like the person did not come here to hurt anyone," Damien said.

"The person was told to send a message across to me," Lucian said.

"Ohh. Okay." Damien said.

"And yes, by the way, I will love to ask a question," Damien said.

"Please do," Lucian replied.

"Has there been anyone who came to your pack about four years or got transferred?" Damien asked.

"Yes but not really as many though," Lucian said.

"Can I see them?" Damien asked.

"Okay, I will ask James to send them to you," Lucian said.

"Thanks," Damien said.

"My mate is worried about me, gotta go or I will be in deep shit," Lucian said and left.

All Damien could do was imagine a life with a mate. It can never come into reality – to him.

*

*

*

She ran towards the hotel and changed back to human form. She wore some clothes she had packed.

She walked inside the hotel and headed towards her room. She picked up her phone to call the man that had sent her.

"Done." She said.

"Ticket will be brought soon." The man said.

"My pay?" She asked.

"Check inbox." He said and cut off the call.

She checked it and saw that her pay was already sent.

She smiled and slept off.