Chapter 20

**NICOLE'S POV**

"Hey, brother." I said, coming in to the ward and smiled a little.

"Hi." He replied faintly looking at his Luna - Eunice.

Eunice was now asleep and out of danger, more like critical zone. So he should be quite okay by now. He is.

"Brother, you need to rest." I said and touched his shoulders.

"You have been worried about her and you have not slept for the past two days." I said.

"She is my life." He replied while staring at her.

"I know brother, i just thought that you needed rest and besides the guests are already arriving." I said.

"And also other packs are here for the Luna....." I was saying but got interrupted by a sneeze.

I turned to see Eunice with her eyes faintly opened.

"Eunice." My brother called.

"W-Water." She choked out with a dry throat.

I poured the water into a cup from the jar and gave it to her which she gulped down within seconds.

"Are you alright?" He asked while she nodded.

No sooner did he ask her that the pack doctors entered and checked her.

"She is alright now and can be discharged." The doctor said after several check ups.

"But she needs rest." He added.

"I will tell the nurse to prepare her for discharging." He said and left.

**XANDER'S POV**

She is finally awake. I was so scared. I was scared of losing her. I am never going to tell her about her pregnancy. Never!

After we left the hospital, we got to the pack house , we went in to our room where she laid down on the bed after bathing.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Come in." I said knowing who it was.

"How is the preparation for the Luna ceremony?" I asked Lucas my beta.

"It is going on well." He replied.

"Okay, are the guests well attended to?" I asked.

"Yes, Alpha." He replied.

"Okay, send for Ciara for me." I said.

"Okay, Alpha." He said and left.

**CIARA'S POV**

I was still crying when i felt a presence in the kitchen. I looked up to see the beta staring at me suspiciously and stood up and wiped my tears away.

"Good day to you beta Lucas." I greeted and bowed.

"I see you have been working a lot lately." He said.

When is it that i have stopped working before? Huh!

" Alpha Xander requests your presence in his room." He said and left.

I left for the Alpha's room. Knocking on the door.

"Come in." Xander said.

"Greetings to you Alpha." I greeted and bowed.

"I want you to prepare some pancakes with cheese and butter." He said.

"Okay, Alpha." I said and was about to leave.

"Bring a glass of milk for me too." He said.

I left to prepare the food, after i was done , i put them in a serving tray and left for his room,

"Bring it in." I heard from the inner room.

I was surprised to see Eunice on the bed looking weak. I placed the tray on the stool beside the bed.

"What happened to her?" I thought.

Wait! Did Kira do something to her? Oops, none of my business. I left.

I suddenly remembered my mate, I felt heartbroken.