28

**DAMIEN'S POV**

During the entire time she was unconscious, i was not feeling okay. I was not being myself like i felt uncomfortable. I knew what was wrong my mate was in pain so i would feel it indirectly. Even my beta asks me if i was fine, i just made sure i evade it. I went to the hospital secretly at night to stay near her because she will heal faster if i am besides or close to her.

I was so elated when i was told she getting discharged the other day. So we will be going back to my pack today. Cayden is so happy to take his mate away from this place that gives her nothing but pain and misery.

She rejected her pack, way too courageous for her wolf, cayden was howling happily the moment she did that.

Both our wolves have been getting along these days but i... I don't even know how to strike a conversation with her. Urrghh! So bad.

I mean my parents do tell me how sweet a scene is when you meet your mate. The male will be like "MATE" and then they will hug and start making out or even might mark each other. But mine..... Mine is different. I could not even talk to her. She thinks it is because of her scars i don't want to talk to her. To be honest, i don't know what is stopping me also.

"Why does my wolf repel Nicole?" Hudson asked through the mindlink.

"I don't know." I replied.

"And also Jace said he has been interacting with a she wolf named Tavia." He said.

An animalistic growl found it way out of me. Everyone in the car looked at me for an explanation but i ignored them.

"Tell Jace not to mess with me." I said and side-glared at him.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because she is my mate." I said obviously.

"Woah, surprising though." He said.

He looked back at her.

"Hey, face the front unless you want us all to die." I said.

"Congratulations but what of your so called fiancé?" He asked. I scoffed at the word fiancé.

"I don't know yet, still thinking." I replied.

**NICOLE'S POV**

She rejected the pack. Funny. Pathetic. Ridiculous.

I already asked Melissa to look into why Damien's wolf does not like me but she just could not find anything despite trying several times.

I feel so restless right now. I mean i am going to my soon to be husband's pack.

"Will they accept me?"

"Will his parents love me?"

"How would they react?

All these thoughts crept their way into my mind. I am so nervous right now.

Soon we stopped in front of a black iron gate, a guard came to open it so we drove in to a garage. As soon as the car stopped, we alighted from the car. The view before me was mesmerizing, i mean the pack house was beautifully built. I guess they spent more money on its architecture to make it feel like home. So homely.

We started heading to the door, as we entered we met four elders.

"Dad, mum." The other guy that drove us greeted a couple. So they are his parents.

"Obviously, dummy." Lora said. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Good day mom." I heard Damien's voice say. Woah, she is his mom. She is so beautiful.

He planted a kiss on her forehead.

"And who is this beautiful lady here?" The other guy's mom asked. I blushed.

"I am Nicole Williams. Damien's fiancé." I heard a scoff from someone but i did not look around to see who did it.

The woman narrowed her eyes at me and looked at Damien. Then boom... I was engulfed in a hug.

Not long did Ciara entered.

"And who is she?" Damien's mom asked.

"She is an Omega what rejected her pack a while ago." I replied with a smirk.

**CIARA'S POV**

I was so nervous and scared to enter the pack house. As usual my head was bowed, Tavia the courageous left me to my fate. Now i have to be in the presence of people i don't know. I hesitated a little bit before finally entering.

"And who is she?" I heard a woman's voice say, i could not see her because my head was bowed.

"She is just an omega who rejected her pack a while ago." Nicole said. My face fell instantly.

She is so bent on ruining my name.

"Raise you head darling." I heard another woman's voice say. I did not do anything, i remained still like that.

"That is not who she is." The voice earlier on said. Raising my head slowly.

"What is your name dear?" She said.

"Ciara Jones" i said.

"What happened to your body?" She asked but when they say i did not reply, they let it go.

"Okay, Ciara." The two women hugged me.

Why? - i don't know.

"Nicole, this is my pack and in my pack we don't look down on people especially omegas, get that?" Damien said feeling irritated.

"Yes, Alpha Xander." She replied sadly. Tavia laughed at her in my head.