54

Damien has been roaming about the cold forest aimlessly. He realized that he would never be free from this spell.

He realized that he was going to spend the rest of his life with a woman he does not even have a iota of feelings for.

He realized that she would breed his pups sooner or later.

He realized that no matter how hard he tries to fight the mate bond, he will fall into it soon.

He staggered his way into the pack house.

"Oh my gosh, you are finally back." His mother said with worry lacing her tone and ran towards him.

You could see her eye bags already turned black due to lack of rest and sleep.

"Mom." His voice croaked out.

"My baby." She said hugging him.

The pack were worried for their Alpha. How many days has it been that they were playing and talking happily.

They could feel his pain through the connection.

"Hey, man." Hudson said coming downstairs. He was also tired. Like he had to do the paper works.

Neither of them looked healthy anyways.

"Why are you looking like this?" Hudson asked scanning through his body.

He was weak. He was dirty. He wanted to die. He cried till there no more tears.

"I have been trying to get through to you, your uncle told me to tell you that he saw a person with the description you gave." Hudson said.

Immediately his ears perked up at that.

"Really?" He said in animalistic accent.

"Wait, why are you sounding like that?" Hudson asked.

His voice sounded like an animal...

"Wait, Cayden...." His dad said.

His wolf has taken over his body. The human is almost dead. You know having a beast in the human form.

Everyone turned to look at him.

"Where's Damien?" His mom asked.

"He is so tired, he needs rest." Cayden said.

"Never!" His dad spat.

His wolf has taken control of his body, now he is going to do things without restrictions. He is going rule with an animal instincts.

Oh gosh!

"Give your human back control, now!!!" His dad growled.

Cayden swerved his head to his father's direction.

"You don't order me, Malcolm." Cayden said.

Malcolm was his dad's wolf name.

"Give him back..." He was cut off by Cayden.

Cayden has jumped on him. Then the fighting began.

Every one including his pack members ran out of the place.

Two Alphas fighting... Not a scene you will love to watch.

"Hey, stop it." His mother yelled with her Luna's voice but it did nothing to stop them either.

"Cayden, i just told you that your uncle saw a person with the description you gave." Hudson shouted enough to distract him, that was when Cayden stopped fighting.

He stood up and looked them.

"Sorry." He said and headed towards his house.

*

*

As he was walking, he could notice how his pack were looking at him. It took him so much patience not to snap at them.

As he got to his house, he kicked the door open and went in.

"Oh my goodness, Damien, i was so scared." Nicole said.

"You did not tell me you were going out for days like that, you had the entire pack worried." She said.

He just stared blankly at her. She cringed under his gaze and suddenly became self conscious.

He cleared his throat.

"I will be going to my uncle's pack." He said with an underlying animal accent but she could not notice it.

The spell was affecting him again. For the first time, he felt connected to her. He felt like he should not leave her.

But deep down inside him, he was fighting the stupid mate bond and the spell.

"Ohh.. Okay." She said and he raised an eyebrow.

Nicole was about to come give him a kiss.

"Bye." He said abruptly then he turned to leave.

"You have been gone for days and you just came home and yet i received no hug from you. I have been your wife for the past 5 years, yet you have not made any advances at me. You keep sleeping with sluts. Am i not perfect for you?" She yelled tearily.

This time she really really challenged his anger.

"Ohh... Maybe if you had accepted your mate, he would have been treating you better, just the way you want it but instead your greedy self rejected him." He shouted at her and left.

He does not want to be a slave to this spell. He has to leave for a while.

*

*

Nicole stood up from where she sat down. She had been crying since he left her some minutes ago.

She looked out of the window and saw Hudson opening the door of the car for Damien to enter.

She stared at them as they were talking discreetly.

She saw Hudson waved at Damien as they drove off.

He does not take for the meeting of the leaders of the packs. It hurts.

Oh, she forgot to ask for how long he will be gone. That is if he knows how long he will be gone.

She dare not tell her brother how Damien has been treating her because Xander would take her away to his pack and she cannot afford to leave Damien.

His parents distanced themselves from her the moment they found out that she was not his true mate. Even the pack made it worse as they did not look up to her as their luna even though they call her that. Just the title.

*

*

*

"I want to kill Alpha Damien of Silver Moon pack." He said.

Her ears perked up at the mention of that statement.

Even Tavia that was not interested in the discussion sat up immediately on hearing his name.

She was shocked. He wants her mate dead, like her own mate, yes, he was still her mate because neither of them has rejected each other. She was trying to control the anger that has began to boil in her.

"Why?" She asked.