51

"What makes her think that i will let her be for what she did to me?" Mark's voice boomed across the room.

Ever since he got rejected by Nicole, he has been waiting for the right time to make her pay for what she did. The pain she made him pass through.

He had almost lost his Beta position and also even though in his weakened state, he had challenged the Alpha of his pack for his position.

But the Alpha understood and helped him through it. Besides they have been best friends since they were younger.

"Rejecting me because i am a beta, she is nothing but a greedy dog." He said almost like yelling.

Every time he remembers that day's event, he just gets angry not only him but his wolf also gets enraged. Someone had belittled him because of his position.

"Darling, you need to calm down, just forget it, okay?" His second chance mate, Nessa, said.

Moon goddess was so kind that she gave him another mate. When he met her he could not believe it though the connection he felt with her was not like that of his first mate but he was satisfied.

"No, i will make her pay for it." Mark said with finality.

"What causes someone who is mated pain the most?" He asked.

They all raised their eyebrow at him.

"Killing their mates." Nessa said.

"Exactly." He smirked.

"You... You can't do that." Nessa said.

"Why?" He asked.

"He's got his own life to live." Gamma max said.

Mark turned to look at him also.

"I don't care, he could have stopped." He said.

They all sighed because they know that no matter what they say, he won't give up on his agenda.

But killing an Alpha... Is it that easy?

*

*

*

"Yes, so how much are my stuffs?" Ciara asked the female cashier.

"200 dollars ma'am." The cashier replied politely.

Packing them into a paper bag, she handed it over to Ciara. Ciara gave her her card and the lady did the transaction.

"Thanks." She said and headed out.

She decided to pass through the woods since it is faster. She kept moving deep into the woods.

Then suddenly she sighted a dog-like creature. Wait, this is bigger that a dog. This is a... A wolf.

She followed it slowly then she stopped behind a tree and the wolf stopped right behind Leo's house.

What is a wolf doing here?

At this time even her wolf, Tavia, wanted to see what it was doing here.

And to her greatest surprise, the wolf shape shifted back to the only person she never or even thought could be one... Leo.

The wolf had shape shifted into Leo.

"Oh moon goddess." She thought aloud.

Tavia had always told her that there was something strange about Leo but she doesn't believe her. Well they say 'Seeing is believing'.

Leo stood there in all his naked glory. Then he heard a voice he looked in the direction of where it came from with his wolf senses.

He saw a lady standing there.

"Come out." He ordered.

He was surprised because if it were ordinary person, the person would have ran away or either obey him but this lady did not bulge. Fishy.

Then slowly she came out and smiled.

"It is... It is you." He said sounding even more surprised.

"Yeah, it is me." She said as if it was nothing.

"You... How come you are here?" He asked.

"Passing by." She shrugged.

There was a minute of awkward silence.

"Okay, now this is awkward." She said looking at him.

Then it hits her that he was still naked.

"Why don't you wear some shorts first then you explain what i just saw." She suggested.

He looked down to see his body unclad. He looked up to see her. A shade of pink covering his cheeks.

She saw him naked.

He picked up some shorts and wore it.

After he was with wearing them.

"What do you want to know?" He asked.

"Nothing." She replied.

"What?!" He asked sounding surprised.

"I don't want to know anything, just that what pack are you from?" She asked.

"Not part of a pack but i have a friend who is an Alpha." He said.

"Ohh... Okay." She replied.

"Is that all?" He asked.

"Yeah." She replied.

"Your sister is one also." She said.

"Nope... Only my dad and I." He said.

"How possible is that?" She asked.

"Well, i could say i took my dad genes while she took mom's." He said.

"Does your sister know about this?" She asked.

"Nope but my mom knew." He replied.

"Was your dad her mate?" She asked.

"No." Was his curt reply.

"Ohh..." She said.

"He left us to go live with her, he abandoned us because of some mate bond." He said between gritted teeth.

Anytime he remembers that incident he just can't help it but get angry at the thought of it alone.

"Have you met your mate?" She asked.

"No, not yet." He replied.

"And how did you know about all this? Wait... Are you one?" He asked.

She looked at him and smiled.

"What do you think?" She asked smirking.

"You... You are one." He shouted.

"Hey, will you stop shouting?" They heard a neighbor shout.

They both giggled.

"Yeah, i am one." She said.

"Mate?" He asked.

"Yeah." She said and nodded.

He was disappointed like he was in love with her already and she has a mate, it was too much to take in.

He had already decided that he would reject his mate the moment he sets his eyes on her. But even the one that he was in love unknowingly rejected him.

"Can i see your wolf?" He asked.

"Nope." She said.

"Why??"

" She doesn't want to be let out." She said.

Tavia did not want to go for a run with him. She felt uncomfortable around him because of the advances he made towards her that night.

"Ohh... Okay but how do you cover your scent?" He asked.

"With the help of a witch." She replied.

She yawned.

"I'm quite sleepy and tired." She said.

"Good night." She said and headed towards her door.