43

....THREE MONTHS LATER.....

"Damien, how are you doing?" Hudson asked as soon as he entered the office. No reply.

Hudson sighed and took a seat next to Damien.

"I have been to so many packs and I still haven't found her yet, do you how painful that is? And you expect me to be fine." Damien said looking at the map on the desk before him.

"Damien, you need to calm down and think straight." Hudson said.

"Do you... Do you still feel her?" Hudson said making sure he picked the right choice of words.

"I don't know." Was all Damien said.

He sighed.

"I will be going to New York, i have to meet Alpha Lucian concerning the project." Damien said.

"Ohh... Okay." Hudson said.

"When are you going?" He asked.

"In a week' time." Damien said picking up different files.

"Don't over work yourself." Hudson said before leaving knowing fully well that Damien would not listen to him.

Damien had another reason to go to New York. He wanted to see if she was there. Deep down inside him, he feels like she is alive but something kept telling him that she is dead and that he should give up. But he is so adamant.

He needs a run to get things off his mind. He stood up and left.

Morphing into his wolf, he ran towards the border. This was the only way he could help Cayden calm down and not think about his mate. Involuntarily, he stopped at the front of his mate's house and stared at it for a while. Her scent was getting faint day by day. He was worried that he would go savage if care was not taken.

He went over to the ocean coast and sat there. Cayden could not do anything but watched as the waves kept rolling back and forth. Something keeps telling him that his mate was in this place but he just could not decipher what she was doing here.

Will there ever be a day that he will see her again?

He sighed and slept off. Yes... There.... On the coast... Hoping she will meet him there when she comes or see her lying beside him when he wakes up.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Grrrr! Grrr! Grrr!

Her phone started vibrating, she stretched her hands and clicked on the red button.

"Hello." She said. Her voice coming out a little rough than usual.

"Hello." The masculine voice said.

"Am i talking to Ara Clinton?" He asked.

"Yes." She said.

"Good, will love to meet you." He said.

"Send address." She said and cut the call.

She stood up and headed towards the wardrobe. Picking out a black denim jeans and a navy blue top. She headed to the bathroom.

She came out some minutes later clad in her clothes. Looking at the mirror, she saw a strong lady who did not give up. She took her phone and saw that the man had already sent the address of the place they were meeting.

"Damien..." Tavia often brings up his name in her head but she just can't bring herself to think about him.

What if he doesn't want her?

What if he has already moved on?

What if he is happy with Nicole?

What if they already have kids running in their house?

She definitely won't want to ruin their happiness.

Ignoring Tavia, she stepped into her black snickers and carried a cross bag. She stepped out of her apartment and locked it.

"Hey." She heard a male voice behind her call out.

She sighed and turned to see a guy. His name was Leo.

He has been disturbing her saying that he wants to be her friend but she just could not afford to be a human friend but yes she needed one.

"Hi." She replied gruffly.

"Hey, Ara, don't be so grumpy." Leo said.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Just wanna be friend." He said.

She inhaled and exhaled. She stopped and faced him

"Okay." She said simply and he smiled showing his cute boyish dimples.

He stretched his hands forward for an handshake.

She took it.

"Will you leave me now?" She said.

"Sure." He said and left smiling like he just won a trophy for being the most handsome guy in the whole universe.

She could not lie, he is a very good looking guy but she is just not attracted to him.