Chapter 9

**NICOLE POV**

"Wakey, wakey." I heard Eunice call out from my deep sleep.

I opened my eyes sluggishly.

"Sleepyhead." She said as she opened some package of food she had brought for me.

"I brought to some food." She said as she begin to serve it into a plate for me.

"You are quite happy this morning." I said.

She smiled. I looked around and saw my brother also.

"Oh brother, never knew you were here." I said.
He smiled.

"Ugh, looks like they've already reconciled." I thought.

"No longer fighting, huh?" I asked.
Xander went closer to Eunice and gave a small peck on her cheek.

"What does it look like?" He asked and smirked.

Wait, did i just see something on Eunice's neck.

"How are you feeling?" Xander asked.

"I am fine." I said still looking at her neck. She noticed it and covered it. A shade of pink appearing on her cheek.

I moved my hands to her neck, i removed her hands to reveal a wolf howling at the moon --- my brother's mark. I smiled at her. So this was the way they reconciled.

"Congratulations." I said.

"Thanks." She replied sheepishly.

"So when is the Luna ceremony?" I asked.

"Still thinking." Xander answered.

"Ohh, okay then." I said.

The doctor came in later on, he checked every part of me to make sure i was fine.

He told my brother that i was fit to be discharged.

I pulled out of the ward wear and wore my clothes that Eunice had brought for me.

On getting home, i remembered something -- she -- that witch that killed my parents --- Ciara. I never knew she was still alive.

"Where is she?" I asked suddenly, well, my wolf, Lora was also angry. She misses my dad's wolf Damon. They used to play together, they tell each other secrets and keep it away from us, their humans. It was so memorable.

My brother knew who i was referring to,

"She should be at her place." Lucas replied.

"Let's go." I said because i don't know her place.

We left for her house. As we passed through several woods before getting there. Xander has done well in keeping her out of sight.

We finally got to a little place.
Wow, so bad of a place to live in.

"Uh, so smelly." Janet said not going inside while the rest of us covered our nose with our palms and went inside. As we moved deeper into the place, this place is the worse place a human could ever live in, half broken mirror, torn bedsheets, wooden bed.

How does she even sleep? Well not like i care. This is the price for taking away people's lives.

Then we saw her lying on the floor unconscious. Wait, is she dead?... That can't be possible now... Not now.. Not when i just met her..... She is yet to take my side of the pain she caused me... She can't die.

"No, she can't die now, hospital right now!!!!" I yelled.

My brother mind linked the pack guards. They came in afterwards and carried her limp body to the hospital.

**********************

Few hours later.....................

I was staring at her the whole time as soon as she was placed into the ward.

I remembered how we used to play when we were younger, we built sand castles, we went on several picnics, we climbed different trees in order to hide from my brother and parents, we played hide and seek. We would go to the pack kitchen to steal some fried potato chips and some toast bread. Whenever we get caught, she would say she was the only one that I was not an accomplice of her. I remembered how we use to talk about other pack boys then.

How could she have survived this?

Her entire body is a bruise mess, untreated wounds, colored injuries, broken bones. Well, i am not having pity for her tho. Because if not for her, our beloved pack would still be intact. We would have been one happy pack. We would have been complete, i would have had younger siblings but she...... She ruined it all.

Then suddenly, she started thrashing on the bed and breathing heavily.

What is wrong with her?

"Get the doctor." I ordered one of the pack guards around me. They rushed soon in after.

"What is happening to her?' I asked.

"She is finding it hard to breathe." He said.

After a while, she screamed.

"Looks like the jinx has woken up." I said. She looked at me.

"You know i was so scared that you would do without receiving my part of the pain that you incurred on me." I said.
All she did was look.

"I hope you heal real quick." I said and left. Not like i care if she heals.  Anyhow, anytime i could come fetch her. Even now...

*UNKNOWN POV**

"So he already marked her." I thought staring at nowhere in particular.

"It is alright." I thought and smirked.

"The Luna ceremony is coming up soon, right?"

"Let's see if it will happen." I smiled.

My friends does not even know what i am going through except that filthy omega. Only she knows the relationship between the Alpha and I. She was going that day when she saw us sitting by the lake. I remembered i had also asked Xander to show me his wolf that day but he refused.
Xander had given her a very strong warning not to tell anyone about what she saw and she obeyed like the omega she was.

It still does not change anything, whether she knows not, things are still the same. I was so stupid to have agreed to his demands that day.

Was I stupid or naive? I think both.

Assuming i had get to meet his wolf, we might still be together and would have bonded a lot but no, that wolf hates me to the bones.