47

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Who's there?" Ciara's sleepy voice called out.

"Receptionist ma'am." The feminine voice replied.

"Come in," Ciara said and sat up gently.

"Good morning, ma'am." The receptionist greeted as she entered. Ciara nodded in reply.

"I was told to give you this." The receptionist said handing over a package to her.

Ciara collected it and opened it.

She looked into it and saw her passport and ticket for her flight back to Florida.

"Okay, thanks." She said and the receptionist exited the room.

She stood up and went towards the bathroom.

She looked at her self in the mirror.

She already changed. Like she could see and feel it.

*

*

*

"The person i am looking for is not part of any of them." Damien said to Lucian, dropping the file he was holding.

"Do you have any other file?" He asked tiredly.

He had stayed up all night to go through the files. He will do everything just to see her again. He wants her. Or rather he needs her to stay to stay sane.

"No." Lucian replied.

"Are there any rouge in your pack recently?" Damien asked.

"We could go check them out tho." Lucian suggested.

They stood up and exited the office.

*

*

They went into the dungeon where the rouges were kept. They were tied with silver chains. Damien scanned through their faces, silently praying that she is among them but i guess the moon goddess was not in any mood to answer his prayer.

"Did you see the person you are searching for?" Lucian asked as he looked at him.

"Nope." Damien said and shook his head negatively.

"Really sorry about that." Lucian said sincerely.

"Ahh... It is nothing." Damien said.

"I will go take my bath and come downstairs to eat breakfast." Damien said and left for the guest room.

*

*

After he had pulled off his clothes and entered the bathroom. A stray tear fell off his eyes. He touched and rubbed it off quick.

Should he give up?

Should he give in to the fact that she was no more?

No, he can't... He definitely can't.

*

*

He came downstairs clad in a green shirt and a pair of gray trousers.

"Good day, Alpha Damien, kindly take a seat." Lucian's mate, Bella, told him.

He smiled a little and took a seat.

"I will going back in few minutes, Hudson told me i was needed for something urgent." Damien said picking a pancake.

"Ohh... Okay." Lucian said.

"Thank you for coming anyway," Lucian said.

After he was done eating, Damien went over to the guest room. He packed his clothes in a traveling bag and carried them out.

"Goodbye, Damien." The little boy named Damien called out.

Damien stopped in his tracks and turned around, he saw the little boy and smiled at him. Then he waved at him. And left.

A car was packed before him, he hopped into it and the car drove off.

*

*

"

Ciara packed her clothes into a little bag then she darted out of the hotel room. She came out of the hotel, looked at the view, and smiled.

"Goodbye." She said to it as if it were human.

The car drove straight before her.

She opened it and entered.

"Airport." She said.

She looked around the city. How busy it was. She could have stayed for some weeks but she's got business to do.

She loved how busy the city was. At least if she were to be living here, she won't have to think about the past that haunts her soul.

Then the airport came into view.

"We're almost there, ma'am." The driver said. She just nodded.

The car stopped in front of the airport. She came out of the car.

She stood before it and stared at it for a while before finally going in.

*

*

"We are there." The driver notified Damien.

"Okay." He said and hopped out.

He looked back to look at New York.

"She is not here either." He thought.

He had contacted every pack close to Lucian's pack but none of them had seen anyone that looks like the description he had given.

"I won't give up." He thought with determination.

He headed inside.

He was about to get his passes when he bumped into someone. Unknown shivers found their way down his spine. Then suddenly the contact was disconnected.

He was shocked. He looked around for the person. But he did not see anyone. He navigated his eyes around the multitude and saw no one.

What the hell just happened?

He felt it. Yes. The sparks.

He did.

Or is he imagining it?

No, he is not.

Yes, he is.

He was confused. He just could not make out if he truly felt the sparks.

He still looked around to see if someone was there looking at him.

"What kind of game is this, moon goddess?" He thought.

"Cayden, did you feel that?" He asked his wolf.

Because his wolf had regained a little bit of strength. He had woken due to the contact.

In one word, he felt his mate at that time. But did he feel it?

"I don't know," Cayden said tiredly and went back to the corner in Damien's mind.

Damien kept contemplating if he felt his mate or not.

*

*

*

She had bumped into a man. But she did not look up to see the person she had bumped into because she was almost late for her flight. She had to rush out of the place and headed towards the airplane.

But did she feel something odd at that time?

Goosebumps had crept on her body the moment she came in contact with the supposed person.

She shrugged off the thought and closed her eyes.

"Damien, Tavia said again. Sounding like she was pleading.

"Tavia, please not now." She warned her sternly.

Tavia kept shut immediately.

The rest of the journey went smoothly.