34

**DAMIEN'S POV**

"So tell me about yourself." I told her. She turned to look at me.

"Well, i go by the name Ciara Acacia Jones, as you know. I am twenty years old and the first child of my parents, my parents are late." She said.

"Which means there was a second child." I said, kind of a question.

She gulped dryly.

"Yeah, my mum was carrying the child in her womb before she was killed." She said.

"Who killed her?" I asked.

"Rouges." She replied.

I was surprised that she was not shedding tears. I mean if it were to be other people, they would have filled up a bucket with their tears.

"Why were your old pack treating you like that?, i mean you were always bowing your head and don't eat with the pack members." I asked because vengeful eyed pack won't just pick on someone unnecessarily.

Her eyes begin to glaze with tears, but she kept blinking back the tears.

"Um... You don't need to answer if you feel uncomfortable with it." I said suddenly feeling bad for asking the question.

"No, it is nothing actually, maybe it is high time i let it out everything." She said.

I nodded for her to proceed.

"It was ten years ago, there were rampant rouge attacks on packs then and vengeful eyed pack was not exempted. The Alpha who was Xander's dad and the beta who was my dad were so busy trying to make sure our pack was well protected and secured. They could not sleep nor rest, the Luna was worried for her mate likewise my mom. So the Luna tried convincing them to rest but they did not listen. She then told me to go persuade them since i was the pack's little girl. I tried to persuade them, they refused at first but gave in later on. Then we packed some things and went for the family picnic." She said.

"While we were there, the rouge attacked our pack and came to us in the place we were. They attacked us, the number of the rouges was high. They eventually killed our parents who tried us to save us. They made sure we already ran so far, they stalled them for us."

"My mom was carrying her second child, i lost my dad, my mom, and my sibling on the same day."

"Xander came out after mourning his parents for five months and gave the most unexpected punishment, he told the pack member i was the cause of their loss, he demoted me to the omega rank and gave the pack rights to beat me as they wish."

"Why didn't you explain to them?" I asked her.

"I tried to but they were so sucked up on their loss. They needed someone to vent their anger on and that person was ME." She said.

"Mate is hurt." Cayden said.

Huh! Dramatic wolf.

"I know." I said mentally rolling my eyes.

"Don't leave mate." Cayden said.

"I am not leaving her." I replied

Silence.

"I am here now, no one bully me here, everyone wants to befriend me but i am afraid that i will cause problems for them, so i am keeping a distance from them." She said.

"I hope they would understand."

"Yeah." I said.

"Except Hudson, he's really hard on me but i like his wolf, he's understanding. Sometimes, we do go for a run, you know." She said and i growled lowly obviously jealous.

She looked at me.

Now, i see why Hudson smells like her sometimes, he is always with her. I am so gonna kill Jace.

**CIARA'S POV**

He growled the moment i mentioned Hudson going on a run with me. I laughed internally at his jealousy.

And i am very sure the Cayden and Jace are already having a discussion which could lead to a fight.

I felt free for the first time. For the first time, the burden of ten years has been lifted off me the moment i told Damien about everything that ensued that year.

I yawned.

"I'm sleepy." I said to Damien.

"Let's go." He said and we stood up and left.

He followed me to my house.

"Goodnight." He said and pecked my forehead.

"Goodnight." I said and watched him leave.

I WILL MISS HIM.