52

**TWO DAYS LATER**

Damien finally reached the witch's place. He had been running for the past two days. He took brief rests. He needed to get rid of this spell.

He finally got to a clearing.

He barked.

No reply.

Bark.

No reply.

Bark.

"Hey, stop barking." Came to witch's reply.

Then suddenly a house stood before him. The witch had used a spell that made it invisible.

She came out and smiled.

"Oh, what a wonderful surprise." She said and patted his fur.

His body shivered from the touch and he moved back a little.

"Follow me." She said when she saw that he was not going shift back to his human form.

After they got to a place that looks like a study.

Bones cracking and reforming, he shifted back into his human form. She smiled and licked her lips.

"Damien, you know, i can give you a quickie." She said staring at his masculine part and winked at him flirtatiously.

Clarissa was one of the people he had fvcked with when he was in highschool but she knew better than anyone that it was just for fun.

"Pass me some shorts." Damien said ignoring what she said.

She frowned and went out of the room. Shortly after, she came back with some basket ball short.

"I have some questions i will love to ask." He said as he took a seat.

"What is it about?" She asked.

"About mate bond." He said.

"I? Shouldn't I be the one asking that question? And the last time i checked i am a witch and not a werewolf." She said as she took her seat also.

"I'm not here for some jokes, Rissa." He said calling her by the name he used call her then.

"Aww... Damien, you haven't forgotten me." She moaned and came towards him.

Perverted witch! Cayden managed to say. He was enraged and he was trying to keep it at the minimal but this witch was not helping matters.

"Stop it." He groaned.

"I mean i want to know if there are potions or spell to strengthen the mate bond." He said.

She looked at him trying to find a smooth lie but could not find any. What he was talking about could bring wars between the witches and werewolves. It was one of the rules they were taught while learning.

"I don't know what you are talking about." She said and went to sit down.

"You know what i am talking about." He said looking at her.

"Okay... Okay, there are some spells and potions for that but only witches from the pure bloods lineage could do it."

"Strengthening mate bond is one of the most forbidden act in the witches world not only that looking into the future and manipulating someone are also part and they come with extreme punishment." She explained.

"The name of the spell is Dorcu TaTa, it is a mixture of liquorice, some bainberries and other things." She explained.

"Is there a way to break the bond?" He asked.

"One thing you should know is that the other person does not have to be necessary there because if the other uses it, it will affect the other."

"And also the one who uses is the one that can break the spell." She said.

"Moreso the only consequence of this is that the person will be mateless forever." She said.

*how could she take such risk?* he thought.

"So can you make the potion?" He asked.

"I wish i could but i am no pure blood witch." She said.

"Do you know any?" He asked.

"Nope, because pure bloods are becoming rare lately" She replied.

He became strangely quiet.

He wanted to cry.

He felt disappointed.

"I will take my leave." He said sadly.

"So he's gonna be stuck with the spell for the rest of his life." He thought.

*

*

*

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Coming." She said.

She opened it to see Leo.

"You?" She said.

"Don't you have some job or just anything to do?" She asked.

Ever since Leo found out that she was a were, he had been stalking her. Not letting her be for a second.

"I was thinking if you would wanna go for a walk with me." He said.

He actually wanted to say 'run' but he could not. He has been dying to see her wolf. Just a glimpse.

But her stubborn wolf would not allow her shift.

She raised her eyebrows at him.

"Okay, give me some minutes." She said and closed the door.

After some minutes, she came out dressed in a black gown.

"Lead the way." She said while he smiled.

They started walking down the street but Ciara already put her guard up.

"So what does it feel like to have a mate?" He asked. He has been longing to ask her that question.

Like if she had a mate, they would be together and she would not be here.

"It is like the best feeling ever." She said.

"You... You feel complete."

"You feel like there was a place in your heart that has been void but on meeting your mate, it fills up." She said inhaling the night air.

"Why are you not with him?" He asked.

"Something bad happened that separated us." She replied.

"Is... Is he still alive?" He asked.

"I don't know." She replied.

"Ciara, I... I love you." He said and there was a pause.

She stopped to look at him and narrowed her eyes on him.

"Are you for real?" She asked.

"Yes, i am." He replied.

"I have been wanting to tell you this since the day you accepted me as your friend but..." He was still talking when she cut him off.

"You have a mate." She said.

"I don't want a mate." He said.

"You don't know the feeling of a mate." She said.

"And also i don't have a romantic feeling for you." She said.

"Wait for your mate, okay?" She said patting his shoulders like he was some kid.

"You know you are the one that's supposed to go look for her, who knows if she is tired of waiting." She said.

"What of your mate? Are you waiting for him or you don't even know where he is?" He asked.

"I know where he is, you don't need to worry about that." She said.

He was so angry and disappointed. Like did she just say no in the most polite manner.