48

"Hey, man." Hudson called out immediately he sighted Damien as he came out of the airport.

Damien just nodded at him.

"Any improvement yet?" He asked.

"No, not really." He replied.

"Ohh.. Okay." Hudson said.

"What is the urgent matter you called me for?" Damien asked.

"Actually, i was told that one of our companies was expecting a business tycoon, Demetrius Negal, and he had asked of the owner of the company." Hudson said.

"Really?" He said.

But he noticed Hudson was trying to prevent himself from smiling.

"Okay, i will go get ready and we will head out." He replied and rushed in.

"You are back home." He heard a feminine voice say.

He turned and looked at Nicole.

"Yes, i am." Damien said softly.

"You did not tell me you were traveling." She said coming closer to him.

"I was in a hurry." He said.

The mate bond was affecting him in a way that he does not understand. He felt like some force was propelling him to be so gentle towards her.

"What's happening, Cayden?" He asked in his thought.

"I feel attracted towards her." That was Cayden's curt reply.

No way!!!

"Hey, Damien..." Hudson barged in and the force was disconnected.

Nicole swerved her head towards Hudson immediately. He had ruined the moment for her.

She was almost done with achieving her aim. The spell had worked on him.

The only way for the so called spell to work on him was when he had his guard down and that was what happened exactly. But now... He will keep him guard up.

She just had to carry his pups.

"I just wanted to say that you should be quick." Hudson said while Damien nodded and headed upstairs.

"What just happened?" He asked himself.

He came downstairs some minutes later.

"Hey, let's go." Hudson said.

They entered into the car and drove off.

*

*

*

"I thought you said we were going to the company." Damien said looking around.

"Yes, what's up?" Hudson said.

"Well, this is not the route to the Company." Damien stated matter-of- factly.

"Yeah, i know... It's not bad to try out new route, is it?" Hudson asked.

"Nope." Damien said and relaxed.

*

*

*

"And we are here." Hudson announced as he drove into the garage.

Wait, is Damien the only one seeing another place?

"What the fvck?" Damien said as he looked around.

"Does this look like a company to you?" Damien asked looking around to make sure he was not in an illusion.