33

**CIARA'S POV**

A month after the Luna ceremony...

The past one month has been really hard. I mean i had to see my mate introducing Nicole as his mate and Luna whereas I should have been the one. It hurts.

Hudson has been helping to kill off boredom but it does little or nothing as i find myself thinking about Damien.

Damien told me he won't mate with her, so i was relaxed. Because if he mates with her, i would feel unbearable pain, like several needles being pushed into my skin. But at least, he was merciful.

Well for the past weeks i have been practicing with Hudson and sometimes with Damien. I noticed sometimes that he goes easy on me and other times hard.

.............FLASHBACK...............

"I want to practice with her." I heard the voice i had always heard from afar and had always wanted to feel near my ears, whispering things to me, behind me. I turned around in a flash.

His voice caused some butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

His voice caused some tingles down my spine.

His voice caused my core to get wet and dripping.

"Ciara, get hold of yourself." I scolded myself mentally.

"I can smell your arousal." Damien voice said through the mindlink with a smirk on his lips, a small blush crept its way to my cheeks.

I looked down shamefully.

"Okay, Alpha." Hudson said winking at me.

While the others went to sit and started watching us.

He started pulling off his clothes, left with a basketball shorts.

He positioned himself for attack while i took my stance for defense.

In a flash, he was at my front. As he was about to knock me off, our eyes came in contact and we were in a trance together.

"Hey, come out of whatever trance you are." Tavia said.

"You are sparing, don't be distracted." She coached me.

"Hey, use the chance to knee him, dummy." She shouted obviously frustrated.

Then i snapped out, as if on cue i took Tavia's advice and kneed him in his groin.

He fell down immediately holding his junk.

"Ahrgghh, Ciara." He screamed.

"You don't get distracted on a battle field." I stated looking anywhere but him.

I heard someone clap well who else other than the Beta of silver moon pack, Hudson, he started walking towards us while laughing at Damien.

"Oh my gosh, you guys should have seen how you looked like while staring at each other." He said still laughing.

"Well, Ciara that was a good one." Hr said and we did an high five.

"Damien, you as the Alpha should know that getting distracted on a battle field could get you and the pack killed, what Ciara did was a tip of the iceberg, next time it will your throat if you are not careful." Hudson said giving out his hand to help Damien up.

"Fvck you, Ciara." Damien said as he got up and smiled.

"Sorry, it was Tavia's idea though." I said.

"He deserves it for marking another lady." Tavia said.

Sometimes i don't understand her. This minute she will be angry with him, next minute she will say she is talking to Cayden.

..........END OF FLASHBACK........

Knock! Knock! Knock!

A knock on the door brought me out of my reverie.

"Come in." I said.

I saw Damien walk through the door into my house. Well he has been visiting me to make sure i don't commit suicide after Tavia told Cayden she would kill herself.

"Hi." He said awkwardly.

"Hey, sit." I said as i gestured to him to sit on the couch.

He took his seat.

"How have you been doing with training?" He asked me.

He made sure i trained with Hudson and not any other male in the pack.

"Yeah, good but tell Hudson to be careful with hitting my backbone, i might not be able to walk for months if he keeps hitting me there." I said pouting.

He smiled.

"Okay." He said.

"Is there anything you need again?" He asked.

"Nope." I nodded negative.

"Alright, i will be on my way now." He said and did not get up.

I raised my eye brows. He shifted uncomfortable on the couch.

"I am going to Las Vegas on a business trip." He dropped the bombshell.

What!! I screamed mentally.

"For how long?" I asked feeling sad including Tavia that our mate won't be here to protect us anymore.

"Two months." He said.

"Ohh, okay, take care." I said.

"I want to spend tonight with you." He said and smiled a little.

"Alright." I said.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Since i am not a lover of movies and music. We decided to head outside and sit under the moonlight.

We sat down and looked up to the sky. I could feel Damien staring at my face. I looked at him and furrowed my eye brows.

"You are beautiful." He said calmly. I blushed slightly.

"If it weren't for the circumstances we met, things would have been better." He said with a faint smile.

"Yeah, you are right." I said.

"Why did you not acknowledge me when we first met?" I asked that burning question.

"It was not because of your bruised skin neither was it because you were an omega, I just was not expecting to meet my mate." He said.

"Ohh." I said.

"The stars are shining brightly tonight." I said.

"Yeah, such an heartwarming sight." He said inhaling the night air. While i did the same too.

"So tell me about yourself." He said.