53

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Her phone's ringing tone kept sounding.

She stretched her hands out of the blanket and turned it off then she turned to the other side of the bed.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

It started ringing again.

"Oh my goodness." She said as she sat up in frustration.

"Hello." A male voice came from the other end of the call.

"Hi." She said sleepily.

"I assume i am speaking to Miss Ara." The male voice said.

"Yes and how may I help you?" She asked and rolled her eyes. This man has just ruined her early morning sleep.

"I will love to meet you for some business." He said.

"Where should we meet?" She asked.

"I will send the address." The man replied and cut the call. She dropped her phone.

"Yay, another work for us." Tavia said excitedly. She so much like doing this.

"Yeah, Yeah." Ciara replied not understanding why she was so ecstatic about it.

"When are we visiting Cayden?, I really miss him." Tavia asked suddenly.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Her phone message alert tone chose that time to ring. She picked up her phone and saw that the man already sent the address.

"I told you that Damien would have moved on, okay." Ciara simply replied.

Oh how wrong she was.

"It... It is just that..." Tavia was still talking when Ciara interrupted her.

"Just that what? Tavia tell me, since the day we have met him, has he ever accepted us? He even said that he has not found his mate when he was asked whereas I was sitting just right in his presence,, He was only doing all that caring because of his wolf, he never said he loved us or wanted us, he needed us." Ciara said almost like yelling at her wolf, Tavia.

"If he missed us, we would have been seeing several pictures of us hanging around, yes, he would have asked the authorities to search for me but no maybe... Just maybe he kept us hidden as well."

"Maybe he kept our death hidden and pretended that I was nothing but an omega who was framed for a crime she did not commit and that he had to save her from dying to... To him."

"Do you know why the pack were trying to come close to me, they thought I needed help, they thought I was going to commit suicide. To him and his entire pack, I meant nothing... Absolutely NOTHING." She screamed in her head.

"Hey, you don't have to yell at me, okay? If your dumb brain had not accepted to do what Xander's mom told you to do, maybe, just maybe my life would have been better. I would not at least be carrying some hard goods from one place to another. At least I would have been living in the comfort of my husband not roaming about and pretending to feel nothing." Tavia yelled back.

"So tell me what is it that you want to meet him for?" Ciara asked after she had calmed down a little bit.

"It... It just that I still feel the mate bond although it is getting weaker by the second." Tavia said in a low tone. She does not have the strength to continue arguing right now.

They were frustrated... And lonely.

"Okay, okay, we will go and spy on him after this job. If he has moved on, we will leave as quietly as we came, OK? No causing trouble." She instructed her. Tavia became elated at least she would see him again.

She stood up from the bed and went into the bathroom.

She came out some minutes later and wore her dress and some sneakers then she pulled over a black coat on and headed towards the sitting room.

She took a jug and poured the juice into a glass cup and gulped it down. She ate few pancakes and headed towards the door. Unbolting the door, she stepped out of her apartment and she went in the direction of the place her car was parked.

She hopped into it and turned it on. After a while of servicing it, she drove off.

*

*

*

She stopped at the front of a five star hotel and got out of the car. She took in the view first and headed towards the entrance.

She dusted her coat off the snow that had naturally fallen on her. It has been snowy these days.

She wore her shade and headed towards the receptionist.

"Good day, ma'am, how may i help you?" The female receptionist asked politely.

"I'm here to see someone named Mr Mark Morrison." She said.

"Room number please?" The lady asked.

*room number* Ciara thought.

She brought out her phone and scrolled through the messages and found it.

"Ohh... It actually said you should give room number 497 a call." Ciara said.

"Ohh... Okay." The receptionist said and picked up the telephone that was placed beside her.

"Good day sir, a lady is here to see you." She said.

"Send her in." She heard the man said.

"You can go in ma'am, take the direction by your left and you will see the elevator."

"It is on the fourth floor." She said.

"Okay, thanks." Ciara said and went towards the place.

*

*

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Come in." She heard the man's voice say.

She opened it and saw he was with two other people.

"Good day." She greeted.

"Good day, kindly take a seat." Mark told her.

She sat down.

"What would you like to drink?" Mark asked.

"Nothing." She said.

"I am Beta Mark Morrison." He introduced himself.

"Ara Clinton by name." She said.

He smiled.

"A friend of mine gave me your number and he told me that you do dirty jobs." He said and sipped his wine.

All she was just stare at him.

"I will love to take the bull by the horn and i don't really wanna beat about the bush." He said seriously when he saw that she was not in for any kind of introduction.

"I want to kill Alpha Damien of silver moon pack." He said.

What!!